Dear Arc Trainer

Kelli S.
on 3/30/11 4:58 am - Kalamazoo, MI
I found my favorite piece of cardio equipment today at the gym. I am very pleased with myself because I LOATHE cardio!

It is the Arc trainer, where have you been all my life? I love how it scortches calories but it is low impact and makes you feel like you arent working too hard!

I LOVE IT!

I am 27 years old, 5' and 3/4" tall. HW: 263 SW: 226 LW: 142 CW: 198

roy-t
on 3/30/11 9:42 am
 How are you counting calories?  If you are relying on the machine, divide that in half, and you might be close.  
But....if you have found something you really like, keep at it.  Any kind of physical activity is great!
Suggestion, buy a hear rate monitor and make sure you are keeping your rate up.  I find I tend to slack off on that machine, and not work as hard as I should.  with a hr monitor, you can see how hard you are working, or not working.

Good luck

ROY

Kelli S.
on 3/30/11 9:49 am - Kalamazoo, MI
I do have a HR monitor and I am tracking the calories burned by that. I used to rely on the machine until I discovered the difference between the machine and my HR monitor.

But I hate cardio and I love this machine so if it helps me keep at it then I am going to keep doing it!

I am 27 years old, 5' and 3/4" tall. HW: 263 SW: 226 LW: 142 CW: 198

HopefulinNJ
on 3/31/11 6:39 am
I LOVE the Arc Trainer.  Today, I did "strength training" the level 10 and the resistance went upto 100.  I feel it! But love it.
Katie H.
on 3/31/11 1:16 pm - Charlton, MA
My love for the arc trainer is rivaled only by my love for the rowing machine..

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Most Active