Does anyone use the PX90 system?

BigCaliSmile
on 5/14/11 4:32 am - La Puente, CA
HI There
It was suggested that I try this program but I am not sure if its appropriate for me being close to 200 pounds right now I am going to the gym daily about 1 hour of cardio. I was curious how effective this has been and look forward to replies/input.
thanks,
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
fitnessbreakout
on 5/14/11 10:11 pm - FL

I recently started P90X and so far, I think it's a great program.  It's about an hour per day, but the workouts are very intense.  There is a fit test you go through before you start that tells you whether you are ready for the program or not.  If you don't pass the fit test, I wouldn't necessarily give it up altogether.  Instead, I'd try a modified version of the program where you maybe only do half of the exercises, or workout every other day instead of every day.  If you aren't ready for the full blown program, you can build your way up and get there eventually.  What you don't want is to risk injury or burnout.

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 11:28 pm - TX
I am over 200 lbs and doing this with my husband. I agree with the poster who said to do the modifications or try to do half of what they are doing. That has worked well for me. There are some things I physically cannot do, even though I think I am in pretty good shape, so I just do what I can. Baby Steps. I had to do the same thing with Jillian's 30 Day Shred and four weeks into it I was doing everything on the video. Try it!
BigCaliSmile
on 5/15/11 2:44 am - La Puente, CA
Thanks for the replies and motivation!
Kim S.
on 5/15/11 11:58 pm - Helena, AL
I am a P90X junkie!  I've been doing it for a year now--I also have P90X+ which is even more hard core!

Definitely do the fit test.  You can do these  workouts if you are resonably healthy and active, you just do a modified version, which most of them show an alternative for that purpose.  Then you work up to doing the entire thing.  I can now do them all, but it took at least 4 months (and I had already been working out for a year and a half when I started!).  Many a days in the beginning I had to crawl up the basement steps when I was done!

If you are just starting out, check out Power90--it is the early workout that came before P90X.

You will be amazed at what P90X will do for how you feel and look!

Kim

BigCaliSmile
on 5/16/11 10:20 am - La Puente, CA
Eeeks I think you are right I was just checking the power 90 website  Thanks for the feedback.
Most Active