Any ZUMBA Addicts Here? Zumba Has Saved ME

200 PoundsGone
on 9/30/11 8:24 am
I have only been doing Zumba for 3 months now but I can say it has changed my life and has changed some things within me as a person and a post-op.  My story is a long one but long story short.  I am post-op 6 years now and have been through a lot.  2 kids, one in which I was pregnant 7 months post-op, married, moved 3 times, some troubles with my vitamin levels as well as some major dental work done.  After everything I found myself at times down in the dumps.  My hubby would always suggest that I take a dance class but I would just blow him off.  3 months ago I signed up for a gym that is in walking distance to my home and the first Zumba class they had scheduled for that week I attended.  I did not know any of the steps of what ZUMBA was even about.  I honestly had never even heard of Zumba.  I left my 1st class feeling to tired and drained, got really dizzy afterward.  I thought my husband would have to run me to the ER.  Most would maybe never return but that feeling was my invitation to come back for more.  A challenge if you will ;0).  I take Zumba 3 times a week and a Latin Heat class twice the same week.  I also walk 4.5 miles Tues-Friday walking & picking my daughter up from school.  The Power and the strength Zumba has given me is unbelievable.  I am forever grateful.

Come follow me on Instagram @200poundsgone
HW: 420.. Maybe more
413 (7/14/2005
)
260 (6/10/2010)
260 (09/28/2011)- No Weight Loss but the inches are dropping OFF *ZUMBA BABY*
204 (06/02/2013)- In the BEST shape of my life. Addicted to FITNESS

JsSkinnyMom
on 10/1/11 5:08 am - Youngsville, LA
Wow, that's awesome! Everyone always says that you have to find an exercise you like but I never paid much attention because I just didn't like being physical at all. Now that I've lost some weight and moving is a little easier I'm realizing that I DO enjoy some exercises and it DOES make me want to keep going back. Like you, I LOVE zumba! I'm also really enjoying running. Congrats on finding things that you enjoy and that will keep you moving!
 J's Skinny Mom  

HW 238 / SW 235 / CW 120  
rachaelv
on 10/3/11 5:24 am - Williston, ND
I am a zumba fenatic (sp?) I am going tonight actually. I wish they had more classes though. Right now it's only 2 a week

rachaelv
on 10/4/11 1:13 am - Williston, ND
On October 3, 2011 at 12:24 PM Pacific Time, rachaelv wrote:
I am a zumba fenatic (sp?) I am going tonight actually. I wish they had more classes though. Right now it's only 2 a week
WOOHOO!  I just found out that now they are doing it 4 times a week. 2 regular classes and 2 toning classes! I am sooo excited!!!

Most Active