Exercise help

A_NewFuture
on 12/3/11 1:43 pm - Saginaw, MI
 HI Everyone I just found this forum! Here is my dilemma. I have very bad arthritis throughout my body which affects my being able to stand for long periods of time. I do try to walk but my knees have already deterioated to the point that it is now bone on bone basically and my back has so much pain that I can not even think of falling asleep until I get a ho****er bottle and stick it on my back because of the pain! I am unable to walk fast paced but I do get out to do some walking but I am still unable to get much in. Does anyone have any good recommendations for me to get some fitness in my weight loss program. thank you for reading and responding

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

acbbrown
on 12/3/11 1:54 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Swimming or water aerobics?

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

A_NewFuture
on 12/3/11 1:59 pm - Saginaw, MI
 Thank you I am going to try to start that up this week! Thank you so much

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

NextChapter14
on 12/3/11 5:18 pm
Hi Raquel, I have arthritics in my knees also.  I have been doing physical therapy and knee injection every 6 months I can’t remember the name but it mimic’s the liquid in the knee somehow?  I have been doing this through my sports medicine doctor. It has helped a lot with the pain. Doc has recommended swimming as a good exercise.  Good luck on your journey.    
A_NewFuture
on 12/4/11 8:31 am - Saginaw, MI
 Thank You very much! I am going to do some water aerobics starting on Friday! They only have classes on Mon, Wed and Fridays so that is all I will have to do for water aerobics but I am going to continue to keep trying the walking as well. I don't want to give up I want to FIGHT to beat this!

GOD BLESS AND THANK YOU FOR REPLYING

RAQUEL

Kim S.
on 12/5/11 11:28 pm, edited 12/5/11 11:28 pm - Helena, AL
I have arthritis in my knees, but I don't think it is as bad as what you have.  Have you tried yoga?  I love it-it is gentle, yet very effective, especailly at building your core mucsles which greatly helped my back (I have pretty bad scoliosis, and had a lot of pain).

I am so proud of you for making fitness an important part of your journey! 

Most of my pain was gone once I hit goal weight and had become a regular exerciser.  I'm now a runner too!

Kim

Most Active