Insanity

Sluggo
on 8/11/12 4:04 am - Virginia Beach, VA
 Any RNYs in here who have complety or going through the Insanity workout?
Kim S.
on 8/13/12 1:18 pm - Helena, AL
I'm afraid my knees wont be able to handle it.  But I am a P90X girl!  Love P90X, P90X+ and P90X2.

Sluggo
on 8/13/12 5:52 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
 Thanks for the response Kim.  I know P90X had a demand for a specific amount of calories so you can build muscle and also fuel your workouts.  Any advise?
Kim S.
on 8/14/12 12:02 pm - Helena, AL
I never followed the diet that came with it-I stuck to my RNY friendly way of eating.  I eat 6-7 times a day, about 1,800 calories with 120 grams of protein and about the same in carbs. 

Yahaira81
on 8/13/12 8:40 pm
RNY on 08/16/12
I did Insanity when it was first released (and I was much lighter. Haha) It was incredibly hard but I loved it. I really enjoy challenging and strenuous workouts. Even the warm-up is very hard to get through! But it'll get easier if you keep to it.

I did find that it was very taxing on my immune system because it was very high impact: lots and lots of jumping, hopping, lots of push-ups and ab work. I had to stop because I kept getting colds that finally developed into a sinus infection.

And I did injure my left knee towards the end (it still aches to this day). You must do Insanity on a well-padded mat or area to save your knees.

So do it, but be very careful. And warn your downstairs neighbors about the noise, if you have any!

Yahaira

5'5". SW: 268/CW: 204/GW: 140

GD6
on 8/15/12 7:48 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I started it last month and did 20 days before my ulcer started acting up again and I had to stop.  I just started again yesterday now that I'm finally better and it's amazing how quickly my stamina has diminished in less than a month off.

I LOVE it!  I thought it would be hard with all the jumping since my knee's aren't the best and my hips hurt when I run.  My knee's do hurt during the first set of jumping jacks during the warm up but by the second set I'm warmed up enough that I have no more pain.

There are some pushups (moving etc...) that I'm still not strong enough to do so I just do regular pushups.  
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Sluggo
on 8/16/12 4:34 am - Virginia Beach, VA
 Yas, I am in the second month.  It is a mother let me tell you.  But so worth it.  I put back 25 lbs in the last year, so know I am not so concerned about the weight, because muscle is heavier than fat, but I am working on burning the fat.  Keep up the hard work.  If you are on beachbody.com, locate me (Sluggo69)  Lets keep each other motivated.
GD6
on 8/16/12 10:48 am - Hamilton, Canada
I've got 10 stubborn lbs that I put on after I had my gall bladder out last summer that just doesn't want to leave.  Unfortunatley it's definitely fat not muscle.  I'm hoping the Insanity will help melt it away..

I signed up for Beachbody but I'm not a fan of the site.  I much prefer coming to OH.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

Most Active