Help

Kelly W.
on 8/19/12 1:19 pm - WA
 I had gastric by pass in 2008...have maintained weight since 2009.  I finally had plastic surgery...lower body lift and breast lift and augmentation...got rid of a lot of the excess skin.  Want to start really working out....my biggest areas need to targer are top of legs, butt and arms...does anyone have a great workout plan or any suggestions.  I have always walked but nothing more than that because I felt like it was useless with all the skin...now I know it is not true but to late.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

acbbrown
on 8/19/12 7:20 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 What are your goals? Tone/strengthen/cardio....?  If you're interested in overall fitness maybe consider something like crossfit. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

heathermc44
on 8/19/12 8:51 pm - Bremerton, WA
Do you belong to a gym or do you have access to one?  I would highly recommend hiring a personal trainer.  They can really help you pinpoint your goals and help you work towards them.  They can also give you a fitness plan that you can do on your own.  There are also lots of books and magazines and dvds to get you motivated.  I have this book and I love it.  I am constantly rereading it.  www.amazon.com/The-New-Rules-Lifting-Women/dp/1583332944

Good luck.

Kelly W.
on 8/19/12 8:57 pm - WA
 Yes I now belong to a gym.  Thank you both for the advice...
Start working out tomorrow.  I was trying not to get a trainer unless I really have too...kind of expensive after just paying all the money for plastic surgery lol.....
I will if I can't figure it out.  Again thanks
acbbrown
on 8/19/12 9:28 pm - Granada Hills, CA
If you have group exercise classes, maybe give those a try. At least where I go - they have strength/cardio combo classes - will give you a full body idea, get you acquainted with basic gym equipment (weights/bands/bars/kettlebells etc) and then when you are comfortable, you can do it on your own. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kim S.
on 8/21/12 6:27 am - Helena, AL
There is no such thing as "spot reducing/toning". 

The best bet is to get into a habit of regular exercise, which combines cardio, strength training and good core development.

Try all the classes.  Find the ones you like.  Get a few sessions with a trainer to learn good form for weight training.

It is never too late!  Whatever you do, find things you really enjoy-otherwise, you wont stick with it, and consistency is the key to seeing results.

Most Active