I need my ass kicked

Lowcountry
on 9/11/12 6:56 am - Lady's Island, SC
Lazy breeds lazy. Such is my reality. I've gained about 27.2lbs over the last year. Unlike some people I don't blame my band. I blame only one thing and that is my own damn laziness and lack of will power. I first started making excuses like it's to damn hot, I'm tired, I'll do it tomorrow, and etc.... Now all the clothes I bought when I was doing the right thing are to tight and I feel miserable. Yesterday I did good. I ate the right things and did a little exercise. Today I'm doing good thus far....however, I'm craving salty, crunchy like crazy. Not hungry just a want. I have free potato chips in a drawer behind me that call my name all day long and as of late I've been caving to those cravings. But not today. I can't promise tomorrow but damn it I can say today I will resist. I need some accountability buddies. If anyone is interested email me and we'll work out a way to kick each others asses.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Jillian O.
on 9/11/12 8:53 am - Fort Riley, KS
 I really can't help from an eating standpoint. I can only give suggestions. Pick a big race as a goal, sort of an "Everest Goal" and train for it diligently. Almost 3 years post op this is what still keeps me going and keeps me at my goal weight range. The training, the protein consumption, somehow it just all falls into place when there is a big race on the calendar. If you need help picking big races in our area I can help. 

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Lowcountry
on 9/11/12 9:45 am - Lady's Island, SC
Have you done the Parris Island Tri?

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Jillian O.
on 9/11/12 9:49 am - Fort Riley, KS
 DId it this year, fun race, really crazy pool swim, tied for the age group win, Here is my race report http://www.fattytoironmom.com/2012/03/race-report-parris-isl and-sprint.html

Jillian

Lowcountry
on 9/11/12 10:00 am - Lady's Island, SC
The swim seems a little...a lot intimidating. Were there plenty of "Fat Tire" riders in it?

-Gordie Howe

Jillian O.
on 9/11/12 10:08 am - Fort Riley, KS
 Yes there were, for a race with 500 people, I had one of the 30 or so tri bikes there. Mostly road bikes there, but a considerable amount of hybrid and mountain bikes. Last year my husband did his first tri on a hybrid bike

Jillian

Lowcountry
on 9/11/12 10:16 am - Lady's Island, SC
I've got 6 months if the race is going to be mid March. I nned a regiment for beginners any resources for me?

-Gordie Howe

Jillian O.
on 9/11/12 10:21 am - Fort Riley, KS
 PM me your email address, I have a very basic beginner's program I downloaded from beginner triathlete for a friend of mine, its an excel file. Tons of resources on www.beginnertriathlete.com as well, I owe all my tri knowledge to that site and the people on it. 

Jillian

Most Active