Is off day trully off?

Lowcountry
on 10/25/12 9:49 pm - Lady's Island, SC

Do y'all do anything on off days? Or is a true off day? I need to work on core strength and don't know where to fit it in. I'm about to go into week 4 of 22 week triathlon training. I swim and run on Mondays- Wednesday I swim and  run. Tuesday I bike. Thursday off and Friday swim and Bike. Saturday run and Sunday bike.

Thanks,

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Jillian O.
on 10/26/12 9:29 am - Fort Riley, KS

Your rest days should be all rest, don't try to sneak anything in. You need to rest, not only for your physical self but mental as well. Do your core work on your bike only days. 

I better see you in March at Parris Island, you better not tell me you are too burnt out to race!!! You are doing awesome in your progress and following the plan like a champ!

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Lowcountry
on 10/28/12 8:18 pm - Lady's Island, SC

I'll be there come Hell or high water. Thanks for keeping after me. You'll likely know before me when registration opens up let me know when you hear something.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

Most Active