Cardio, no cardio??

Pittsteelers
on 2/6/13 12:18 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I am 6 months out today and have 3 pounds to go till I hit my personal goal weight. I work out 6 days a week, with some cardio everyday and strength training 3 days a week. My personal trainer told me yesterday not to do so much cardio because I have hit my goal (almost). I do the arc trainer everyday, 3 days a week I'm on there for an hour. Should I really cut back on my cardio and focus more on strength? Should I continue doing cardio but maybe switch to the bike or treadmill instead of the arc trainer which burns more calories?? Or should I just continue doing what I'm doing?? I'm confused and just don't know where to go with my exercise now. Thanks for any help.

KatCooper
on 2/7/13 8:22 pm - Collierville, TN

What is your overall goal.  To get more defined?  To continue to lose a little bit?  While you are losing wt you tend to lose muscle mass as well.  When you hit you maintence or before, its time to start putting muscle back on. Dont forget muscle burns calories.    I would talk to your trainer about your.

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Most Active