Thursday Workouts

Jillian O.
on 5/9/13 10:31 am - Fort Riley, KS

Today I ran 6.2 miles in the morning, did 1700 yards of sprints with my swim coach this afternoon

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

LJ1972
on 5/9/13 1:05 pm - FL

After my do nothing day yesterday, it felt good to be beat up by my trainer again :)

Trainer - 4 stations, 8 reps, 6 rounds,

back squat to 12" box (75lbs 2 rounds, 85 for 1, 95 for 3)

45lb kettle bell swing

walking pushups

30lb one arm row

Then the plan was for me to do a mile at a 9:30 pace, but at a half mile I had to walk then finished at 10min pace.  Grrrr

Then a 30 min kickboxing class

So a question -  My only running is with my trainer on the TM or in 5k / 10k road races.  Outside I do a 10-10:30 mile, but it isn't a steady pace... I may run fast, slow to a jog, faster, etc and it just all averages out.  To build endurance so I can maintain a pace the whole time, should I increase distance at a slower pace, or increase pace at a lower distance?  I emailed my trainer but just curious

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/13 6:29 pm

The running coach that  I've been talking with has told me in his half/marathon/marathon training program that long runs (which start out not so long and get progressively longer of course) are much slower, even in the earlier/shorter weeks. This was/is a foreign concept to me because I am used to pretty much running one speed no matter the distance.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/13 6:23 pm

I ran 3.5 miles today. It was 80 degrees today and I was SO HOT and SO SLOW. I'm definitely a cooler weather runner.

Most Active