Definition of Insanity

Lowcountry
on 6/26/13 9:23 am - Lady's Island, SC

I've read or heard that the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different result".  If that is the case insane I am. I keep going back to the habits that got me fat to begin with. And it's always, always, always the same mentality. I start exercising and eating right. I start losing weight feeling great. I think I can conquer the world. Then I start saying "Damn Evan ( I often talk to myself in the third person)  your doing great why don't you go ahead and eat those hot wings and chase it with some cake." Then a just jump in with both feet into my sugar highs and lows. I lose energy and motivation within a couple of days and then rediscover my couch. So, I'm back. I hope wiser. I've been biking for about a month now. I only have time to go at lunch during the week. So for 30 minutes a day I ride. At first I averaged 11.9 mph over 6.5 miles as of today I'm up to 14.3 over the same 6.5 miles. I've got a great coworker that pushes me and prods me into movement. My goal is to get to a 20 mph average over 10 miles. But any ways just thought I'd drop by so I can get some ass kicking from y'all with some encouragement sprinkled in for good measure.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

LJ1972
on 6/26/13 11:09 am - FL

Sounds like you know all the right things and are making great strides with the biking - keep it up!

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

chrispy_man
on 6/26/13 11:56 pm - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Consider your ass kicked you know better. For me I have found that I build up too much into each event. For example if I miss 1 day after working out 6, I'm a disaster. In the past this has led me to stop working out. When in fact it was just one moment in time. One of thousands. In this case missing 1 day does not erase 6. I think practice makes perfect, so when I have a hiccup I am pushing through and getting back at it.

Chris

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/17 4:41 pm, edited 9/23/17 10:15 am

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post.

ChipPaulson
on 7/1/13 10:01 am

That doesn`t make you insane- it makes you forgetfull lol!

``If you`re going through hell, keep going``

Winston Churchill

Weight loss plan reviews: http://choppysreviews.com/

Most Active