I want to run but fear the start.....

Knitter215
on 7/9/17 11:33 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Compression garments are your friend. I tried running (I do an occasional lap at the gym these days as part of my TRX classes) but running isn't for me. I'm now down 98 pounds and have flappy stuff all over. The worst part for me is the arms -- so I use ace bandages to wrap my arms from the elbow to armpit before any physical exercise. (I'm a fencer - as in en garde - and my form is so much better if I'm not being bothered by the flopping of the excess skin against my body). Find compression garments that are comfortable for you. THey will make the running more pleasant (assuming you enjoy it, which you seemed to in the past.) FWIW, even when I was in top shape in HS at 115 pounds, I hated to run. But that's why there's chocolate and vanilla!

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Jeff Waldrop
on 7/10/17 4:24 am - Westlake, LA

Thanks, Diana! Appreciate your response.

Jeff W Waldrop

Westlake, LA

David-Ryan
on 9/29/17 6:20 am

Keep in mind every efforts you put on gives an out out, but importantly always keep balance between the efforts you are putting in and what your body can bear.

I would suggest you to walk twice daily with moderate speed, dont try to run even you can run. it would be Beneficial for your body to have in motion to burn your fats. So for the first month just go with normal jogging after than put some extra efforts so that your body get used to of it

Most Active