New Toy!

Gwen M.
on 12/1/17 9:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've had a Garmin Vivoactive that I LOVE and I've been wanting a HR monitor. I figured I'd get the Vivoactive HR, but never really got around to it. Then, just recently, the Vivoactive 3 was released and I LOVE the list of features it has! And the way it looks! So I figured I'd get it once I saw it in person and could see how it compared in look to my current Vivoactive.

Well.. then there's been a $50 discount for Cyber week (or whatever) which is amazing for a new device, and I managed to get someone in my Zombies Run community to post a picture of her old Vivoactive next to her Vivoactive 3, so I ordered it.

It arrives today and I'm super excited. I haven't been able to exercise pretty much at all since my first reconstructive surgery in June and I'm hopeful that this will be a great motivation for me when I'm able to start up again. Plus getting it now will give me plenty of time to figure it all out before my (hopeful) next half marathon in March. Plus, thanks to the HR functions, it can actually track/log things like yoga and pilates!

And to make this post a teeny bit less of just a brag about me... what's your favorite exercise tech?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

jcheryld
on 1/14/18 7:16 pm

I've had my Garmin Vivoactive for a year and LOVE IT! I wear it all the time, probably too much as the face broke from the band at the screws. They really stand behind their products and sent me a replacement fairly fast. It's been great on speedwork run days!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

redmarx08
on 3/4/18 10:52 pm, edited 3/4/18 2:55 pm

I also use Garmin Vivoactive whenever I do some swimming, biking, and offroad driving.

I thought I'm going to have a problem with installing my ready lift. Glad it was okay and over. Time to hit the road.

Most Active