Weekly Workout - June 17, 2018

Knitter215
on 6/17/18 4:18 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

It is hotter than you know what this week here in Philly. We are staring down our first heatwave. Summer Nationals training is in high gear. I fenced a tournament today and fenced like crap, so that means I'm on track! :)

Monday - Fence two and a half hours plus a half hour lesson

TUesday - Synvisc shots in my knees plus my cross fit class

Wednesday - fence 2.5 hours

Thursdays - Cross fit class

Friday - Pilates and lifting

Saturday - Cross Fit and maybe some fencing

Sunday - rest - maybe some yoga

I can't believe I'm less than 2 weeks from leaving for Nationals. I'm both terrified and excited at the same time. (Part of that is teaching the child to drive who will be driving with me.)

Have a great week all!

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

highlandbear
on 6/17/18 6:48 pm - Canada

Have fun at the Nationals that is what it is all about

I am in recovery week but I took a look at next weekend and between church and training it does not feel like it. Trying to figure out what I don't do at the church. something friday saturday and sunday crazy

Monday rest

Tue swim

Wed swim

Thursday rest

Friday 40 minute bike than 40 minute run

Saturday hour open swim. hour bike 40 minute run

sunday bike ride

plus dealing with a blister on my heel that turned into a sore and everytime i train it bleeds. Tried mole skin and blister bandages. not sure what to do

Knitter215
on 6/18/18 6:20 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Have you tried using a double layer of moleskin? This article explains what I do when I get them on my left foot (which is my leg which propels my lunges) when fencing. It works really well and they heal nicely. Go about 2/3 of the way down the article for the explanation. https://www.sportsmd.com/sports-injuries/foot-ankle-injuries/proper-care-management-blisters/

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

highlandbear
on 6/18/18 3:42 pm - Canada

thanks the article was interesting and I am going to try the two layer. Hopefully it will help

docbad32
on 6/18/18 6:14 am

Time to get back at it. 24 hour race was a semi success. Made it 81 miles in 18:37. Would have liked to go the full 24 but my IT band was misbehaving again. Need more gym time.

Monday-2 mile run, gym

Tuesday-6 mile run

Wednesday-2 mile run, gym

Thursday-6 mile run

Friday-6 mile run, gym

Saturday-10 mile run

Sunday-10 mile run

VSG:  3/12/15

highlandbear
on 6/18/18 3:35 pm - Canada

You did amazing. Hope you are proud of yourself. I would not mind trying something like that but I am so slow in running. it took me 8 hours to do 50k. Was it a trail run or road

docbad32
on 6/19/18 5:57 am

Thank you. I'm ok with what I did. Not real pleased, but it's better than last year. Slow doesn't matter in these things. It's all about relentless forward progress. This race was a 5 mile loop that was mostly crushed gravel with some road and some grass mixed it. It's an ideal scenario for someone trying to do this stuff for the first time, or someone who doesn't want to be out in the woods alone for 12 hours. I did it because it was an easy way to test how long I could stay upright. Now I need to extend it out to 24 hours and take it to the mountains.

VSG:  3/12/15

highlandbear
on 6/25/18 3:24 am - Canada

amazing i would love to try something like that

Most Active