Padded shorts - to wear or not to wear

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/18 1:53 am

I have riden both with and without padded cycling shorts, and am struggling to notice any obvious difference!

If I haven't riden for a while I'll get a sore rear end with or without padded shorts. If I've been doing a lot of riding I won't get sore whether or not I wear padded shorts.

Besides from the lack of seams in undesirable places what is the benefit of wearing padded shorts?

Any thoughts?

Candrews1
on 9/12/18 6:35 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

Im not sure what else there is besides not getting a sore butt..lol..I have a bib with really good padding I bought from https://www.probikekit.com/spring-summer.list

Im not sure how far you are riding either. If you are riding like 10 miles or less, you prolly dont see a difference. You start riding 50 or more at a time, I think you will but , that just what I do...not sure what everyone else thinks. Also, it sounds like your saddle may be really good as well. That can affect how you feel on the ride as well. A cheap saddle really sucks on long rides regardless of what you are wearing.

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

highlandbear
on 9/13/18 7:52 pm - Canada

padded shorts help for those long rides believe me plus have you ever been fitted for your seat. yes they have ways of fitting your butt so you can get the right seat. it makes a big difference

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/18 12:15 am

thanks a lot highlandbear

Most Active