weekly work out sept 17

highlandbear
on 9/16/18 6:53 pm - Canada

I am not sure what my work will be this week but i thought i would be nice and start it. My half ironman did not go as plan. Guy on bike hit me and damage my bike and I have hurt my tailbone real bad. i have other injuries but the tailbone is my concern. I can not even lift my left leg. I was over 45k when it happen. I had an amazing swim under an hour and my bike was going as plan. pretty upset i have never not finish a race. i was hoping to get the run in but i could hardly walk and it was real hot out and got told not to do it. pretty upset over it. everyone have a good week training

Candrews1
on 9/17/18 6:33 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

Man Highland I am really sorry. Dont they make the cycle have to maintain a certain amount of distance in between? I know around here you cant even pass unless you can do it in 3 seconds or less. And you arent allowed to draft. Hopefully you recover quickly.

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

highlandbear
on 9/17/18 6:30 pm - Canada

yes there are rules. I needed to stop for a few minutes and i was on a straight away. no hills no bends in the road no cars around no bikes pulled off of the road onto the gravel which you are allowed to do since the bikes are suppose to be on the road. i went to get some fuel out and bang. i have no idea how he did not see me or why he would have been near the gravel. no riders like to ride on gravel. no drafting is allowed. i did everything right so i be safe. no reason to hit me. seeing the doctor tomorrow.

Candrews1
on 9/18/18 6:49 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

Nothing else to say but that just SUCKS....and your right, no cyclist purposely tries to ride on the gravel. He obviously wasn't paying attention

Candrews1
on 9/17/18 6:38 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

Ran 14 Sunday and it was tough. My other "marathon trainees" were at a race on Sunday so I did the first 2 miles with everyone else and then split on my own to finish up. It was hot and humid but I carried a small bottle of water with me. I walked three times to drink water and "recover" and also in the end had one hill that I had to walk up. Overall was pleased, did 14 miles in 2:32..CANNOT wait for cooler weather..

Monday-Schedule rest day

Tuesday-8 miles

Wednesday-Swim 1 mile

Thursday-Run 8 miles

Friday-Swim 1 mile

Saturday-I typically cycle on this day but my wife and I are going to Knoxville for a game so Im going to get my 15 mile run in on Saturday. Hopefully someone run with me but I have a feeling I will be going solo.

Sunday-Driving home. Prolly wont get in any exercise.

Knitter215
on 9/17/18 9:13 am
VSG on 08/23/16

So sorry. All the best wishes for quick healing. Hoping none of the damage is permanent. What a disappointment for you - you trained so hard. I know that there will be another in the future. Don't blame you for being upset. I get it.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

highlandbear
on 9/17/18 6:34 pm - Canada

i will be back not giving in just upset. i just can not figure out how he could not see me. he was such a big guy so the impact was even harder. i am only 5 ft and he must be close to 6 and big and solid

Knitter215
on 9/17/18 9:15 am
VSG on 08/23/16

So, fenced like crap this weekend. I had one of my worst results and let my anger get the best of me. It wasn't pretty. Time to get my act together - this weekend's tournament counts - it is a veteran's event so I need to be on my game. This past weekend was mostly teen girls - I have to learn to let it go.

Monday - Fencing Lesson and fencing 3 hours

Tuesday - Cross fit class 1 hour

Wednesday - fencing 2 hours

Thursday - Crossfit

Friday - Pilates and agility

Saturday - tournament

Sunday - active recovery and weights

Keep on losing!

Diana

Liz J.
on 9/17/18 11:48 am
DS on 11/29/16

Fencing sounds amazing!! How would someone get involved? I live in Saint Louis Mo.

Liz

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Knitter215
on 9/17/18 12:00 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

Liz - my daughter fenced for about 2 years and when she decided to take a break in March of 2017 due to school work overload, I called the club to put her membership on hold. The manager told me she had 4 private lessons (which I had already paid for) about to expire in the next 45 days. Knowing what the coach put them through, I decided I'd use the lessons - if nothing else, it would be a great high-intensity aerobic workout for half an hour.

Turns out I love it. Didn't need to bring anything of my own (club lent me everything I needed a first, although I did use my daughter's knickers and shoes because they fit). Buccaneer Blades in Wentzville, Mo (outside St. L.) has a nice adult program from what I hear. (I live in Philly).

Long and short of it, I love it. It is an amazing work out. It is physical, 3D chess. You have to be in the moment and cannot be distracted - so it's a great way to relax - you really have to have your mind on what's happening in front of you.

Keep on losing!

Diana

Most Active