water aerobics

Karen Renee
on 3/28/19 12:37 am - Winter Park, FL

I cannot walk because of bone on bone on my left knee, I had a replacement some years ago on right knee worked really well, but I have have too many other things health wise that have to be addressed before a second surgery on left knee, plus, I'm not excited about doing it right now. I don't lift weights because of a back problem. So I've decided to do water aerobics has anyone had luck with losing more weight or just feeling better from such. I looked to see if the question had been asked before but could not find such. thanks for your help!

Candrews1
on 3/28/19 6:10 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

I dont do water aerobics per se but I do swim and it always feels great. Im run a lot so any time I can get some activity and limit the "pounding", its always a win.

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

Knitter215
on 3/30/19 3:42 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

I did some water aerobics when I was around 300 pounds, but as I started losing weight, I started adding other things. I am bone on bone in both knees. No replacements yet. You need to speak with your orthopedic about your pain control in your left knee.

Once I started losing weight, I worked with a personal trainer to learn how to lift weights. Your bad bad shouldn't be an issue. Also ask for a referral to a physical therapist to help you learn how to strengthen the muscles around your "bad" knee and use the leg more.

I'm still bone on bone in both knees. I should have them replaced, but I have not. I'm 57. I've lost about 150 pounds. I'm ranked 24 among women between the ages 50-59 in my sport (foil fencing) NATIONALLY. I can do it because I've found good pain control through regular visits with my ortho. Talk to your doc and spend the money on a personal trainer.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

TammyC73
on 5/2/19 4:58 am
RNY on 10/31/18

I do water aerobics twice a week. I find it a lot easier to exercise while in the water. Less stress and pain in the joints. I have knee issues as well and find that I can do more in the water rather then out.

dav92grav
on 2/7/21 11:21 pm

Sounds very cool, we don't have that opportunity, so I've never done one. Watched a lot of videos, it helps those who can't work out in the gym because of health issues. How have you been doing?

Most Active