Weekly Workout 04/08/2019

Candrews1
on 4/7/19 1:01 pm, edited 4/12/19 6:15 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

So, the Half went about as I expected..the course, according to my Strava, was longer than 13.1..so my time was off..I was really hoping for a Sub 2...but....however, I did place 3rd in my age group..

Time to switch gears and start preparing for my first Tri in May...

Monday..have a deep thigh bruise (at least thats what I think..) so I rested Sunday and plan to Monday as well

Tuesday-cycling...we rode a grand total of 3 miles...fog was so bad we thought the better of it and turned around..was disappointing but the smart and safe thing to do. Will try again Thursday

Wednesday-Swim 1 mile...felt great but was uber slow today..dont know why...50 min..

Thursday-First real ride..we didnt go very fast and stopped multiple times..still good for a first ride..17:39 miles..1:08

Friday-Swim 1 mile..49:40...still not very quick..ughh

Saturday-off..100% rain..

Sunday-Run 6 miles

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

highlandbear
on 4/7/19 7:03 pm - Canada

Way to go. What is the distance that you are doing for your first tri. Make sure you practice transition and do some runs after a bike ride and do a swim than a bike. It will all help.

Monday doing bike ride on the trainer

Tue if no rain going for my first run since the race

Wed was hoping for the pool but it is closed due to cracks that need to be fixed so will do strength training

Thursday if no rain a run

Friday strength training

Saturday clean my place and shopping

Sunday light run

Candrews1
on 4/8/19 6:29 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

Its an Olympic...1500 meter swim, 20 mile bike and then 6 mile run..

Im very behind in training but its ok, I just want to do one..not expecting great results..I havent done any open water swims so I need to incorporate that in the next 40 days or so..and yes, work on Transitions..so, I have a lot to do and also finish up tax season which has taken up 90% of my time for the last 3 months..

highlandbear
on 4/8/19 6:19 pm - Canada

If you want any hints ask away. practice sighting in the pool. Have fun doing it that is what counts. I am still trying to decide if i am doing a half this year or not. training as if i am but not sure. but doing something smaller

Candrews1
on 4/9/19 6:38 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

sighting?

highlandbear
on 4/14/19 6:00 am - Canada

sighting is picking out something before the swim to sight on when you are swimming. you left your head up for a few seconds and check on the item you picked out to make sure you are swimming towards it still. In the race you will use the buoys that they have sitting out in the water to use for your sighting. It helps you to stay on course.. Another thing to practice because it is not so easy if you are in trouble is taking your swim cap off and waving it in the air. If you do it in the pool just let the guards know you are going to do it because it does mean you are in trouble and need help. My coach has us do it a few times in the training session because like she says i hope none of you will ever need to but in case you do I want you to know you can get the goggles off and than the cap.

docbad32
on 4/8/19 5:53 am

Weekend went real well. Starting to feel normal. Did 10 miles on the trails on Saturday with no pain and even ran a speedy (speedy for how out of shape I am) 5k on sunday.

Monday-20 min gym bike and 20 min gym session, 4 mile lunch run

Tuesday-6 mile run

Wednesday-4 mile run, gym

Thursday-8 mile run

Friday-4 mile run, gym

Saturday-15 mile run

Sunday-depending on how Saturday went, either rest or 5-10 mile run

VSG:  3/12/15

Knitter215
on 4/8/19 8:19 am
VSG on 08/23/16

What a great result! Good luck training for the tri!

Was a good week for me - walked away Sunday with a Bronze in a small event. Cutting back all training this week to rest prior to the April North American Cup tournament in Salt Lake City.

Monday - fence 2.5 hours

Tuesday - 1 hour pilates - 1 hour massage

Wednesday - fencing lesson and fence 3 hours

Thursday - Pilates or Yoga - something to keep my loose. Maybe a little light lifting

Friday - Fly to Salt Lake (all day on plane from Philly)

Saturday - Fence Vet 50-59 Women's Foil

Sunday - Fence Combined Vet Women's Foil (40-79)

Monday - fly home.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can up my ranking just a bit above 24 where I am right now.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

highlandbear
on 4/8/19 6:20 pm - Canada

Good Luck

Liz J.
on 4/8/19 12:17 pm, edited 4/15/19 7:13 am
DS on 11/29/16

I've got to stop hurting myself! I helped with a fund raiser this weekend by doing dog nails and my back is not happy about it! I had to use the heated seat option on the way home as well as the way to work today. Blah! Thank goodness for medication...

Monday- Walked 5.8 miles, 116oz on water, worked all 4 dogs, caught up on a ton of stuff! Woot!

Tuesday- Walked 5.6 miles, 96 oz plus on water, worked 3 dogs this morning at 5am and worked all 4 this evening! WOOT!!

Wednesday- Walked 5.25 miles, 96oz on water, work all 4 dogs in Nosework! Then I even finished the Taxes!! (up sick last night, blah!)

Thursday- Walked just over 5 miles, drank over 120oz of water, dogs got a by as it was thundering outside.

Friday- On track! Walked almost 5.5 miles, drank 120 oz, finished dog nails and a bit of training!

Saturday- Got up early and got some tracking in with 2 of the dogs. Walked 7 miles working service dogs, drank over a gallon of water... Food was as great but I lost .2 so win!

Sunday- Weather was a big pain... ran all day so no one was worked. Did walk about 4.5 miles, got my water in and food was good. Try again next week!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Most Active