Weekly Workout 04/29/2019

Candrews1
on 4/29/19 6:19 am, edited 5/3/19 6:16 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

So I went with my swim coach to one of our lakes here in TN to practice some "open water" swimming. It is so different that swimming in the pool plus it was reallllllyyyy cold. So we started off going with the current so I could get my bearings. My coach was in a kayak so I could stop if I needed. It took a little while to get used to but I finally figured out to turn over further to get air instead of the slight turn I use in the pool. Once I could get that part down, I started using "sighting" about every 5th stroke or so. I would just locate a fixed object and swim to it. Coming back going against the current wasnt as hard because I think I was way more comfortable. We only did it for about 25 min total..she was nervous about hypothermia..I know this will help when its "game time".

Monday-Rode 17 miles today..17.1 mph

Tuesday-Last day for a while with no rain so cycled with 2 friends...was steady but nothing like Monday..15.9 mph..

Wed-Swam 1500 meters..41:45

Thursday--wow..swam 1500 meters again..had the same time..41:45

Friday-well if there is one thing I am is consistent..1500 meters..41:40

Saturday- My Sons 20th birthday..

Sunday-Hopefully the rain holds up enough that I can finish my garden and get planted...

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

highlandbear
on 4/30/19 3:36 am - Canada

So glad to hear that you are getting sighting and open water in. It is so different than the pool.

Monday hour on the trainer. well be happy when it gets warm enough to ride outside

Tue not sure crazy day of work so maybe the bike again

wed swim

thursday tabata on the bike

friday barre class

saturday volunteering at the church so lots of stairs

sunday run if nice out

Knitter215
on 4/30/19 10:55 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Open water swim - wow. I give you a lot of credit for that. So, starting to ramp up for Summer Nationals. I've qualified for the Women's 50-59 Foil event, the Women's 50-59 Saber event and Div 2 and Div 3 Saber. (Div 2 & 3 are what I commonly refer to as the children. You only need to have been born 2005 or earlier to compete in that group.)

Sunday - Divisional qualifying tournament - did not place well in foil, but that's ok.

Monday - Fencing 3 hours

Tuesday - Crossfit/Lifting

Wednesday - hoping to fence for an hour, but I have a board meeting, so not too hopeful

Thursday - Hour with my trainer and then crossfit/lifting

Friday - Pilates

Saturday - Crossfit/Lifting

Realized when I looked at the calendar that I will be fencing for five Sundays in a row. I think I have a problem. Is there an anonymous group for that? (Just kidding - I'm loving every minute of it).

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Lauren010110
on 5/3/19 4:51 pm - Victorville, CA

Open water... all I can think of is some creature eating my toes... lol past experiences as a child.... hhhfffffhhhhlleeegghhhh

You are lookin' like you're doing excellent! Keep it up!!!

Most Active