weekly work out May 13

highlandbear
on 5/12/19 6:34 pm - Canada

I first want to thanks those *****sponded about my dog. It was a tough week and I am still not over it. Miss her so much. I did get a run in last week and i am going to try and more stuff this week.

I did find out why i am so tired and legs have been hurting so much vitamin d is to low. increase and hopefully soon i will be back where i was

Monday. strength training and an easy swim

Tue ride bike on the trainer since all it does here is rain. can't wait to get the bike out

Wed walking it is my husband birthday so want to do a dinner for him

Thursday if nice a run if not ride bike on trainer

Friday lot of walking

Saturday going nuts getting ready for surprise party for husband on sunday.

Sunday party

Candrews1
on 5/13/19 6:18 am, edited 5/16/19 11:14 pm - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

Saturday and Sunday I didnt do anything from an exercise stand point. I did make 2 tomato cages out of pvc..was really fun to build. I will try and post pics

Monday-Rode with some guys this morning..Rode 20.43..1:17:16

Tuesday-was 47 degrees this morning..opted to swim instead. Going to cycle some tonight..it will be much warmer..1500 meters..41:01

Wednesday-swam a little but nothing timed

Thursday..rode 20.56 miles today..17.0mph..1:12:22..legs were not good today..however, I did just get a shot in my hip..so hopefully I get some relief before Sunday

Friday-took a rest day..Friday night picking up Tri packet

Saturday-Rest..but maybe will do some open water swimming

Sunday-Memphis in May Triathlon...and of course my luck, my first one, 50% chance of thunderstorms..they already said it wont be canceled but may be delayed..

Height=5"4' Age=49 RNY=04/17/2015

HW=285, CW=205, LW=197, GW=195

My exercise motto-Further or faster!!!

highlandbear
on 5/13/19 7:01 pm - Canada

Good luck with the race. keeping fingers cross it does not rain. they could also take the swim out and do a run bike run if the weather is bad. hint if it is raining put all your stuff in a bag with the bike so when you come out your shoes will not be wet. i did a race once in the rain and everything was in a bag. It helped. kept a change of clothes in the car and changed in between the doors with friends holding up my towel.

don't do a open water swim the day before better to go out and do a 20 minute run early in the morning than rest.

Candrews1
on 5/14/19 6:13 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

new weather report says 80% chance of rain.ughhh

I actually have a bucket Im bringing to sit on and keep my stuff dry..

should be interesting..

highlandbear
on 5/14/19 7:37 pm - Canada

sorry to hear about the rain. bring a bag in case the ground is wet. some people cover the bike seat up but you are wet from the swim so it does not matter. you might want to bring long sleeve to throw on for the bike. i know when i did mine in the rain my hands were so cold. be careful riding. don't worry about time just do it. if you like to run with socks than make sure you have a spar so you can put on after the bike ride. do you know what the water temp. is. there is cut off for safety on what they will allow a swim to go. hope you get the swim in but be ready to run ride run. like i said done a few like that. you are all set to swim and bang they cancel it. good luck

highlandbear
on 5/14/19 7:38 pm - Canada

sorry to hear about the rain. bring a bag in case the ground is wet. some people cover the bike seat up but you are wet from the swim so it does not matter. you might want to bring long sleeve to throw on for the bike. i know when i did mine in the rain my hands were so cold. be careful riding. don't worry about time just do it. if you like to run with socks than make sure you have a spar so you can put on after the bike ride. do you know what the water temp. is. there is cut off for safety on what they will allow a swim to go. hope you get the swim in but be ready to run ride run. like i said done a few like that. you are all set to swim and bang they cancel it. good luck

Candrews1
on 5/15/19 8:54 am - Jackson, TN
RNY on 04/17/15

The water temp should be fine. Good call on the 2 pairs of socks. I really worried about my glasses. I cant ride without them, and I dont have little windshield wipers for them..lol..plus my tri suit doesnt have pockets like my cycling shirts do..now its up to 90% chance of Thunderstorms..yep..my luck..

highlandbear
on 5/16/19 4:07 am - Canada

i have to wear my glasses also. wrap them up in something to keep them dry while you are swimming. Does your helmet have a visor on it. If so that will help. Have you every rode with a baseball cap under your helmet that can help keep some of the rain off your glasses. If you need to stop and wipe them off just be real careful and make sure you pull right over to do it. Remember everyone will be racing in the same conditions so it will not feel so bad when you are out there training in crappy weather. Let this be your learning experience. The most important to make sure you have warm stuff to put on for the bike ride. It could be cold. My tri suit does not have pockets either but i use a belt that i can put stuff in and clip it on for the bike ride take it off for the run. Have fun. You got this and remember it is a learning experience

Knitter215
on 5/13/19 9:19 am
VSG on 08/23/16

@highlandbear - glad to hear you have an answer on the pain. I've had chronically low Vit. D for years. It's an easy fix.

Sunday I fenced two events - foil and sabre and had a blast.

Monday - fencing lesson and fencing class

Tuesday - Cross fit 1 hour

Wednesday - fencing class

Thursday - cross fit and probably personal trainer

Friday - Pilates

Saturday - Crossfit, Saber workshop for 3 hours with a member of the US Olympic team

Sunday - Saber competition.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

highlandbear
on 5/13/19 7:03 pm - Canada

they have upped the vitamin d to 4000 iu a day. if we could just get some sun here it would sure help

Most Active