support Groups and exercise

Jiame S.
on 5/15/05 8:32 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi. I am new to this group, but my weight is such an issue. I also have fibromyalgia so a lot of the exercise I did in the past I can no longer do, because it will cause a major flare up. So I am left with waterarobics,walking, recumbent bike, about a year ago I was really into exercising I felt great I even got up to over 20 mins on the eliptical. Then a bunch of stress showed its ugly head and i fell right back into old patterns comfort foods and I ended up gaining all the weight back and more. This is the most I ever weight and I'm sick of it! I am determined to turn my life aroun-but I need help.Is there anyonein Virginia Beach in my position, and would like to get together and form a exercise group/support group. I am a menber of theYMCA. Waiting for you,jaime
Larakatya
on 7/17/05 3:31 am - Twin Cities, MN
I'm not in VA, so I can't offer to join your exercise/support group. But I can offer you my emotional support. Walking is GREAT exercise - and was how I lost the majority of my weight post-op. (212 lbs). Every day is a new beginning - I hope you've found the support you've been searching for. Wishing you the best, ~Lara
Most Active