beginners guide ?

robo_petz
on 1/25/06 3:21 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
hey all...........i have like zero knowledge of any fitness or exercise regimen or anything. what kinda advice do yall have for a total newbie to fitness n exercise for me ??? I had this surgery to change my life, ive lost 110 lbs and got 39 lbs till my goal weight, im 3 months out and wanna start gettin into fitness, i wanna make it a part of my daily life. But coming from someone like me, i have no knowledge or anything so i have not one clue on what to door how to start. i hope yall can help me here. until then take care
roser13
on 1/26/06 12:32 am - Glendale, CA
Hey Robert, Find your local gym. Did you know that Ballys is having a 1 month deal for free,check them out. My hubby and I joined 24hour fitness. I was just going to go online and see if there is a site where I can get some help on what type of exercise we need for every part of our bodies,like our chest,arms abds and legs. All I know is that you need to stretch for 5min and then warm up with cardio for 10-15min and then work with weights for about 20-30mins and then back to cardio for another 20,thats just if your first starting out. I spoke to different trainers and they all told me that working with weights is the best thing for us to start losing weight,they say thats its easier to lose muscle then fat.And your metablism(sp) keeps on working even after your workout when you do weights first. Something like that. Don't quote me on that! If I got you confused please forgive me. Rosie
Most Active