What would you like to see?

JeremyGentles
on 2/5/06 4:06 am - Johnson City, TN
Hello to all, I am just gathering some info on the wants and needs of Obesity Help members. What issues, topics, subjects or anything else about exercise and fitness would you like to see formally covered by Obesity Help in the forum area. I am not talking about discussion areas, but rather areas where there will be articles addressing your exercise wants and needs. Post them here on the discussion board or email them to me. [email protected] -Jeremy Gentles, CSCS Bariatric Professional with Obesity Help
Christy H.
on 2/13/06 11:33 am - Atwater, CA
Hi Jeremy, I'm 4 3/4 years out from WLS. I have had a TT, butt lift and breast lift. My tummy is pretty tight and flat. I started at 220 lbs and have maintained my current weight of 110 lbs for over 2 years now. I'm 4' 9" tall and I'm 53 years old. I've been fairly active since my WLS, but I notice that its getting harder and harder to keep from gaining weight. I do weight resitance in the gym every time I go..one day on the upper body and then the next day lower body. I find that I have gotten thicker around the waist even though I hadn't gained weight. But I'm seeing the scale go up 3 lbs and then back down again. It is starting to scare me. Someone told me that it was normal after PS to get thicker in the torso. I'm doing 30 to 40 minutes on the treadmill at about 4 mph. My weight resistance is on the machines. I'm getting about 100 g of protein a day now and I'm eating about 1600 calories a day. Christy Holmes
Ms T.
on 2/16/06 11:12 am - Northern Chicagoland, IL
I'd like to see exercise programs that range from the basics to advanced, something for people who have had exercise in their lives to those who are more weight challenged and have limitations. The hardest part is knowing what to do, the form and benefits to the body - ie, tummy tightening, arms, etc. Also a guide on eating and exercise - meaning what to eat before and after a workout to maximize the burn. Tiffany
Donnamarie
on 2/16/06 10:09 pm - NY
Jeremy, Thank you for this post. I would like to see articles addressing the myths about exercise. I have seen too many posts where people talk about the weight coming off faster if they don't exercise, and that exercise causes muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. If I see that statement one more time I may have to scream. I would like to see how women can integrate free weights into their routine without hurting themselves, and highlight the benefits of doing such. Thank you for the offer. Donna
sallyj
on 2/23/06 5:13 am - Spokane, WA
I would like to see more documentation/references on how much exercise (frequency and duration) people from different levels of fitness should get to maximize weight loss. Is 30 min. 5 days a week enough or does it need to be 40 min. 6 days a week? Should it be in all one go or can it be 30 min. in the morning and 15 min. at night? What is the difference if you are at a high BMI versus a near normal one? And for those using free weights, can you include clear directions to make sure the form is correct. As someone with very bad knees (and a physical therapist who doesn't seem to understand that concept), I want to maximize my exercise effort without hurting myself and doing more damage. Thanks, Sally
Lynette
on 3/7/06 11:14 am - Cookeville, TN
Hi Jeremy, I would like to see exercises that address problem areas - abs, triceps,and inner thighs. Lynette
Most Active