Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/16 4:50 am
Topic: RE: Weekly Workouts 5.16.16

This week might be off because my 7-yr. old son has an unexplained fever and is also supposed to somehow try out for academy level soccer, and there's rain in our NC forecast which affects my evening walks, but here's the plan:

Sun:  lifted weights 1.5h and ran 15min (I know, only 15 lol...)

Mon:  lifted weights 1.5h and climbed stairs for 30 mn.

Tues:  I will either make RPM class this afternoon or have to lift/climb stairs

Wed.:  I don't think I'll be able to workout today unless I go after 7pm and that's like really bothering me in my head.  I have school obligations.  Some people don't get it but if I miss a day, it becomes a mental issue for me.  I might go after 7pm if I am not too tired.

Thurs:  My son has soccer tryouts so I don't think I'll make it this day nor be able to go after because it will definitely be too late.  I will definitely, at least, have an evening walk to make sure I hit my step goal.  

So, by Friday, my nerves will probably be shot and I will be itching to go to the gym!!!  

Fri:  RPM/lift

Sat:  RPM/lift

My husband and I have also been taking evening walks in our neighborhood :)

Can I just say that I love being a mom and it's the most important thing in the world...and I love being a teacher which is also super important to me...but when they interfere with that 2 hour workout time I am dreaming about all day, I get frustrated, upset with myself, etc.  My counselor says balance, April...lol...what's that exactly?!?!

Y'all have a great week!

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/16 4:42 am
Topic: RE: Gym or no Gym..that is the question

The gym is my saving grace and I also go to classes which force you to step out of your comfort zone and engage with others.  It feels weird at first and it feels like people are staring at you...but you just stare right back, give them the evil eye, and rock it out.  That's what I do.  Paying for exercise is a motivator because you are literally paying out of your pocket, it feels good when you leave because you are all hyped up, and it's overcoming so many social and physical things I know myself I avoided for so long.  I say go to the gym and embrace it!  Just one bit of advice...I know you have workout accountability person and all but don't necessarily depend on them because if you start this experience with that in mind, if they poop out, you might, too.  Go for you, stay for you, work hard for you and be the example for her!

kyzze
on 5/16/16 9:54 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with
Topic: RE: First workout since VSG

This is great for only 6 days since surgery. Don't be discouraged, it is going to take time to build up your endurance, just try to keep moving everyday, it will get better.

Kyzze

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/16/16 1:51 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I absolutely LOVEEEEE to work out. I love everything about it, as far as going to a gym. When I'm in a mode of losing weight and seeing results I cannot get enough of the gym.

However, I have tried to work out at home ever since college and just cannot do it. My wife has asked multiple times if we can outfit our garage as a gym and I've said no... I just cant do it. I cant even get into a good workout at a hotel gym. I need the full experience. I need people to compare myself to in my mind. I need other guys that are lifting in good form to watch and learn new things from. I need to push myself in an environment where people are watching me and expecting that.

I cannot do that at home.. Like you said, I'd find every excuse to not do it. When I'm in a gym, I have only one goal and that is to crush the weights. lol

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

MelodyMay
on 5/16/16 11:48 am
RNY on 03/01/16

Exactly! I can always find something around the house that needs to be done or a show I wanted to watch. I need to get up and out of this place. 

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

MelodyMay
on 5/16/16 11:46 am
RNY on 03/01/16

I have one and I LOVE it! Can't seem to get to 10,000 steps a day yet...but I will! 

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

docbad32
on 5/16/16 7:03 am

I cannot workout at home.  Can't get started, can't maintain.  I have to leave the house to get anything done.  If I don't get out of the house, I end up watching TV, doing chores, etc.  I don't go to the gym because I run for exercise, but If I did anything else, it would have to be at the gym.

VSG:  3/12/15

docbad32
on 5/16/16 7:00 am
Topic: RE: Weekly Workouts 5.16.16

Mountain running sure if fun, but sure is hard.  2500 ft. of climbing in 6 miles.  Ouch.

Monday-rest

Tuesday-7 mile run

Wednesday-5 mile run

Thursday-4 miles of hill repeats

Friday-rest

Saturday-14 miles on the trails

Sunday-5 mile trail run

VSG:  3/12/15

billmacc7
on 5/15/16 6:21 pm - MA
Topic: Weekly Workouts 5.16.16

Schedule for the week

Monday-Strength Training & Swimming

Tuesday- 3 mile run

Wednesday-Strength Training & Spin

Thursday- 5 mile run

Friday-Strength Training & Spin Class

Saturday-7 mile Run

Sunday-Rest

Yours in Health & Happines,

Bill Mac

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Ohiodietguy
on 5/15/16 6:08 pm
Topic: RE: Considering training for a half marathon, advice please.

I'm reading Hal Higdons Half Marathon training book and it is full of great info. Just registered for my first half marathon in mid October I am looking for training tips and advice. Good luck with your half marathon!!

Starting Weight 337  Current Weight 178.4 BMI 22.3 

Most Active