highlandbear’s Posts

highlandbear
on 3/28/20 6:01 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 03/09/2020

i have not been on for awhile and i can not believe the changes that they have made. I could not even find exercise and fitness . I went to my personal page and got it from there

highlandbear
on 2/10/20 6:32 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 02/10/2020

Ok I am jealous of your swim time. Have you ever thought of joining a master swim. You learn a lot and helps to improve your swim.

Monday master swim and strength training

Tue. tabata on the bike

Wed swim 60 minutes

thursday run

Friday strength training

Saturday run

Sunday rest

highlandbear
on 2/4/20 6:31 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 02/03/2020

Never even watched the game and i have a rule only one day which is Saturday am I allowed to cheat. Trying everything to get some weight off.

Monday strength training and swim

Tue Tabatha on the bike

wed nice and early swim and bike on the trainer

Thursday we are in for some bad weather so either the gym for a run on the treadmill and if the weather is real bad bike on the trainer

Friday barre class

Saturday working

sunday hoping for a run

highlandbear
on 1/28/20 5:04 pm
Topic: RE: weekly work out Jan 17

not sure how to change the date on it sorry about that

highlandbear
on 1/27/20 3:44 am
Topic: RE: weekly work out Jan 17

i was able to get most of my training in last week but not all of it and that is ok. Life will go on

Monday swim and if time a work out in the gym

Tue work out in gym or bike ride on the trainer

wed nice and early swim and if the energy there a work out later in the day in the gym if not bike ride

Thursday a run

friday barre class and strength training

saturday run or bike

sunday run for sure

highlandbear
on 1/22/20 6:59 pm
Topic: RE: weekly work out Jan 20

Hope you get your wish about the Rehab.Sounds like you are really coming along

highlandbear
on 1/20/20 6:45 pm
Topic: RE: weekly work out Jan 20

Not sure where every one is these days but I hope everyone is OK and still getting there exercise in. I know I have been away but I am back

Monday 45 swim

tue gym or the bike

wed swim and bike

thursday if sidewalks are good a run if not do a work out in the gym

friday work out in the gym

saturday and sunday i have to work so doubt i will get any work out in

highlandbear
on 1/13/20 5:17 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 01/13/2020

I was able to get into the gym for an hour and i was able to do a swim also

Tue ride the bike on the trainer. aiming for 30 minutes get back into it

Wed 6:15 am swim 70 minutes

Thursday a 60 minute run

Friday barre class

Sat bike on trainer

sunday run

highlandbear
on 1/9/20 7:02 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 01/06/2020

I know i have been away from this for awhile. I have been struggling within myself. I have been getting some work out in but when the new year hit i said no mater what get back to the gym and start working out.

This week so far i have swam twice. Even got up before 5am to make it in the pool for 6. Been to the gym once but will be there tomorrow.

I am back on here. Will start posting again

highlandbear
on 12/15/19 7:02 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 12/09/2019

not sure what this week will look like the things i know for sure is Monday will be a swim, friday will be barre class and i want to get into the gym one day and a run in. If i get those in I will be Happy. Things have been rough no excuse. Work is causing so much stress and than the stress causes the PTSD. I have some holidays coming up very soon and hope to get much needed rest and do some me time and allow some healing

highlandbear
on 12/5/19 3:39 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 12/02/2019

This is late but Happy Birthday to you. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I hope you get your wish and be able to run next year.

i hope to start posting again. Been through way to much and I was breaking down. Than this week i have been so sick could not get out of bed. Not 100 per cent yet but i am up and moving.

Take care

highlandbear
on 10/14/19 5:52 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 10/14/2019

did no****ch it live but i have seen the run. Just crazy. I have mixed feelings about being able to use pacers. The regular person in a race would not e allowed. I would be more excited if he did it without using the pacers.

Monday just walking and enjoying thanksgiving

Tue work out

wed run

thursday run and work out

friday run

saturday work

sunday work

highlandbear
on 10/2/19 1:03 pm
Topic: RE: Help with resistance bands

from all my time and years in the gym never have i seen it done this way. Her hands are out to far number one. Number 2 is they should be telling you only to raise as far as you can keeping your posture and your form. It is not about how high you go. as you get stronger you will be able to go higher. Remember to always have control of the band. do not let gravity pull the bands down but lower slowly. that is part of the job. if you want more hints just let me know. like different grips etc. trainer has taught me well

highlandbear
on 10/1/19 5:12 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly work out Sept 30

deep down the answer is no but there is still a part of me that wonders. The police says he was gone i would not have been able to save him. My minister is the only one who i have told in detail what i saw and he says even if you did save him he would not have normal. He would have brain damage and so many of his bones were broken it would be awful for him. I know that. I pray that he knew i was there for him and at his darkest moment that a stranger did care about him.

I am working through it. It is the running that is hard and seeing bridges.My trainer is concern for me on my race how i will handle the bridges that i will have to face. the fact that people stand on them and cheer us is going to be hard.

highlandbear
on 9/30/19 7:08 pm

Went for a run on one of my favorite path and there is a spot with a high level bridge. this path is right on the water front. Seconds before I got to the bridge area a guy jumped and landed on the pavement and no one one would go near him but me. I i work in the health care and I could not do CPR. Deep down I know he was gone and he was a mess. I dealt with 911 along with keeping people back and losing my cool with a person who had phone out wanting to take pictures.

That is why putting the running shoes on is hard for me right now. I put them on and have done a run alone put so many times i had to tell myself to breath.

I can not get it out of my head what i saw and I feel so bad because i did not try to do cpr. I had no gloves i could not touch him. if you saw what i had seen you understand.

I pray that he knew that there was a person who stayed with him and who cared and he was not alone.

I have named him Rob because right now he has rob me of many things.

highlandbear
on 9/29/19 6:56 pm

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I have not been around. A lot has happen to me and I am now dealing with PTSD and i am taking things day by day. The worst part of the ptsd is it is affecting my runs. I put the shoes on and and will sit there and sit there and sometimes i can go and other times off they come. I have a race at the end of the month and it will be a tough one. It takes me for ever just to leave my place

Monday swim

Tue run with friends and yoga.

wed strength training

thursday run

friday not sure

saturday work

sunday run

i hope to do these things but who knows.

highlandbear
on 8/26/19 6:36 pm
Topic: RE: weekly work out Aug 26

Hope everyone is doing well. It is so hard to see summer winding down. Get up at 5 in the morning and dark. I want to summer to stay. I have been pretty ill and finally went to a walk in clinic and got some meds and starting to feel better

Monday just a lot of walking

Tue run if no rain if rain work out in the gym

wed. run if i have time before master swim

Thursday run and work out in gym if nice bike ride

Friday work out in gym

Saturday no rain bike ride long one

sunday run

highlandbear
on 8/12/19 6:00 pm
Topic: RE: weekly work out Aug 12

Glad you are on the mend

highlandbear
on 8/11/19 8:02 pm
Topic: RE: weekly work out Aug 12

i have to get serious about my runs. I have a race at the end of Oct. and i have been struggling with my runs. I have been doing 15 and 1 for years but i am going back to 10 and 1 until i feel strong again

Monday hoping to get a bike ride in

Tue 60 minute run

wed master swim

thursday strength training

Friday barre class

saturday bike ride

sunday 60 minute run

highlandbear
on 8/11/19 7:58 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 08/05/2019

Hope everything went well with the surgery.

highlandbear
on 7/29/19 6:35 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 07/29/2019

Hope everything went OK with the surgery

Monday a lot of walking

Tue run

wed master swim

thursday aiming for a bike ride and a work out in the gym

Friday barre class

Saturday if I have energy bike ride

sunday run

Saturday and sunday hoping to do but coming off of 12 days of work. I just find i am beat

highlandbear
on 7/24/19 3:46 am
Topic: RE: Moving! - Look at this fitness schedule!

I took a look at the schedule and wow i can not believe all the classes that they offer. I wish my y had that many classes. I can never make it to a class

highlandbear
on 7/23/19 6:36 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 7/22/2019

Late again my life these days

Monday was just alot of walking

Tue did a run

Wed master swim

Thursday not sure if i will run or get the poor bike out.

Friday will have to be happy walking going to football game so no barre class

Saturday not sure what time i will be done since they will not tell us

sunday hoping to do a run in the morning than work. clients will have to take me in running gear

highlandbear
on 7/23/19 6:33 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 7/22/2019

way to go with winning the bronze. Sorry to hear about your daughter.glad that she is ok.

highlandbear
on 7/16/19 6:49 pm
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 07/15/2019

Monday was just a lot of walking

Tue 60 minute run. It was hot than a light rain came down with 20 minutes left and allowed me to pick up speed and finish

Wed master swim

Thursday strength training

Friday barre class

Saturday bike ride if it kills me

Sunday run.

Saturday and sunday i hope to get them in but it will be my first 2 days off in 12 days

Most Active