Weird things happen!

goalechica
on 3/26/11 4:20 pm - Waldorf, MD
Bizarre things happen in life! I put myself on a few dating sites and started going on dates. I met 6 or 7 people that were interesting and went on dates.  One of the girls I met on okcupid really stood out to me on our first date. There was second date, and then a third. She's gorgeous and  smart and funny. I was very excited but not sure how to bring up that I'd had gastric bypass.

Then one night when we were out she mentioned that she'd lost a ton of weight. I got a little nervous because this was obviously my moment to tell her. So I asked her how she'd done it. Lo and behold, she had gastric bypass! This was so exciting to me because it's an aspect of my life that she understands. We've been a lot of the same places, and overcame many of the same struggles. In addition, I feel very comfortable with her physically. I think it's also interesting and exciting to me that we were so into each other before we even knew! What are the chances!?!?

We've taken things slow and have been dating for awhile now. I just thought it was an interesting story and wanted to share it with you all! :)

Starting Weight/ Surgery Weight
        255                   237                     

OneFinger
on 3/27/11 1:56 am

What a great and encouraging story!!

Very happy for you and glad you're getting back in circulation. Isn't it amazing how weight loss surgery can change your life?!?

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
mst42
on 3/27/11 3:13 am - Ithaca, NY
How totally cool!  I hope it works out.  Keep us posted, Meg

InkdSpEdTchr
on 3/28/11 3:03 am
Funny how the universe will give you exactly what you need! Hope the time spent with her, just keeps getting better!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

MusicMaryn
on 3/29/11 9:40 am - San Jose, CA
yay! that's awesome!  have fun and enjoy sharing the new life experiences together.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

ohbearly
on 3/30/11 10:10 pm - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
I love the story. It is cool that fate brought you together. I can tell you from personal experience that it is nice having support close at hand. My husband Brett had RNY two years before my Lapband.

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 9:01 pm - Canandaigua, NY
What a great and inspirational story!  It gives me hope......  

Best wishes for your future!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 343 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 912 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1289 views