first successful meal out at a restaurant

seanbear66rn
on 4/26/12 11:35 am - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 I went out to a Mexican restaurant during "mushy stage" It went very well !!!! It was nice to go to dinner with my husband !!! 
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

ohbearly
on 4/26/12 9:24 pm - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
Good to hear Sean! It must be strange starting over again after all these years. -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

seanbear66rn
on 4/26/12 10:59 pm - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 The vsg is very different so far. I have also learned from my time with the band. I hope I have learned from my mistakes. 

Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

OneFinger
on 4/27/12 3:30 pm
Sean,

Congrats on your success!! I bet it felt good to be eating out with the hubby.

But, one of my first meals out after RNY didn't go that well. I ate too much and too fast. I ended up rushing to the restroom to vomit.

I believe your VSG is much less problematic in the new post-op days than RNY.  While I'm very happy with the results of my RNY, I often wonder if it would have been easier with VSG.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
Barb H.
on 4/29/12 6:27 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
I had a similar experience the first time I ate out. OMG! I was so miserable but couldn't throw up. I just had to wait it out. I have since learned to portion out my food onto a smaller plate or just slow down and pay attention.

Lesson learned.
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Leslie M.
on 4/30/12 10:53 am - AL
That's wonderful!  Eating out early was always a challenge for me but I learned to make good choices in time.
Let me guess....mushy stage Mexican ="s refried beans!?!   I think that is what I used to order!
Congrats and enjoy dining out!

Leslie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 343 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 912 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1289 views