New here and SUPER excited! VSG Scheduled for 1/3/13

Kirk Hunt
on 12/29/12 1:03 am - Bremerton, WA
VSG on 01/03/13

Hi Everyone!

So glad to have found this forum 

My surgery is scheduled for January 3rd - on the 2-week pre-op diet now and doing really well. I purposely chose to be on the diet during the holidays to test my commitment and I must be "in-the-zone" because nothing has tempted me or taken my eye off the prize.

I'm video blogging my journey on youtube - just search VSGKirk and you should find me.

I'm looking forward to making lots of new friends on here!

ruggie
on 12/29/12 10:17 am - Sacramento, CA

Congratulations on your journey into WLS!  Also terrific idea to really challenge yourself during the holiday season - I find it the worst time of the year, hands down, for weight-loss and maintaining.  Good for you. ;)

Hope you will enjoy your new sleeve; I sure enjoy mine! 

Good luck.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/12 1:23 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Congrats!  Wishing you a healthy and safe surgery!

Kirk Hunt
on 1/3/13 10:10 am - Bremerton, WA
VSG on 01/03/13
Made it trough surgery today! Remarkably comfortable, been up and walking around several times, drinking fluids (so much that they discontinued the IV). I am so thrilled with my care at this surgical center. I only feel some leftover gas from the surgery. BTW, lost 16lbs on my pre-surgery diet (40 carbs & 1600 calories/day). So glad I did this!
twotontunic
on 1/4/13 5:04 am - Nashville, TN
VSG on 10/08/12

Congratulations Kirk!  I'm so glad to see you starting this journey with such a positive outlook...it makes all the difference.  You are gonna do great!  And you are gonna love you way you look and feel as you achieve the little goals (and big ones!) along the way.

Kirk Hunt
on 1/4/13 6:51 pm - Bremerton, WA
VSG on 01/03/13

Forgot to mention the minor complication I experienced... MY HEART STOPPED DURING SURGERY!!

When they went to inflate me, it triggered a reaction to my vagus nerve. Normally, for most people, it would just cause their heartbeat to slow down. Mine stopped. They almost didn't proceed with the operation, but the anesthesiologist stabilized me and they successfully completed the operation.

I have  met with a cardiologist and I am going to go have an echocardiogram next week just to make sure that was a fluke!

tabbott4
on 1/21/13 12:42 am - VA

congrats on your surgery...its a great road to walk down....the best thing i ever did

anninva
on 1/31/13 11:52 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with

Hi Kirk!  Just found this forum myself -- yay!  You and I are almost twins!  I had my VSG 1/10/11.  How are you doing?  I know it's early days, and I personally was not a happy camper until I could "chew" mushy food, but eventually you really do just feel normal!

heart stopping -- jeez louise!  I hope things have settled down in that area!  Let us know how you're doing!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ITwon
on 2/26/13 1:12 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Hey. I'm new here and excited to see current interaction going on. Hope post-op is treating you well!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 352 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 920 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1298 views