chub to ???

Dan M.
on 2/28/14 11:14 am - Stone Ridge, VA

The Chub/Chaser dynamic always seem a little strange to me.  I am starting to notice that our "Chaser" friends are not interacting with my husband and I as much as they use too.

There are so many of these sub-groups in the gay world,  has anyone else notice changes in the way your groups of friends interact with you after the weight loss?

My husband and I were Chubs but now I am guessing  we are just Bears or Otters?

Pre-op:  Lost 60 pounds
RYN Surgery on 11/19/2013 

AngloAm
on 3/26/14 8:24 am

You are YOU - too tantuckingfastic to fit in anyone's boxes. A friend who's your friend based on your size isn't a friend, not really.

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

ohbearly
on 4/8/14 3:11 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Dan, So true. My husband and I both had bariatric surgery. People do interact differently after. I noticed a gradually pulling away. We still have many  good bear friends.  We came to understand that this change is largely due to us. Prior to surgery, we both were sedentary and just basically went out to eat drink and socialize. We are now very active cyclists. I have become very active and love hiking and snowshoeing. I also run. I find most of our bear friends have no interest. This also led me to find and make new friends who enjoy my new life activities. It's one of those things you have to come to accept. Friendships need to be two sided. If someone chooses not to be friends, you need to let it follow its natural course. True friends will always be friends. You guys look great and I am sure you will find yourself in a good circle of friends. We actually have many LGBT bariatric friends. -- Tom from Ohio

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Sprichard
on 12/14/14 1:12 pm - CA

This is actually a fear I've had while considering WLS. I fear that after loosing the weight no one will find me attractive since the guys who did before now wont. I know its anirrational fear but it is there so have to deal with it. 

Sprichard
on 12/14/14 1:20 pm - CA

This is actually a fear I've had while considering WLS. I fear that after loosing the weight no one will find me attractive since the guys who did before now wont. I know its anirrational fear but it is there so have to deal with it. 

Defibvt
on 2/11/15 5:47 am

Hey Dan, you two look awesome.  I am scheduled for my VSG on March 2, my husband is going to be with me and looking forward to healthier and more active me...  Congrat's

Dan M.
on 2/11/15 9:50 am - Stone Ridge, VA

Thanks!  Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Pre-op:  Lost 60 pounds
RYN Surgery on 11/19/2013 

Defibvt
on 2/11/15 10:23 am

Will do!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 355 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 926 views
RNY Surgery date closing in