Wanting to connect with my LGBTQIA community....Any Revisioner's Out There?

anujourney1
on 5/5/18 6:41 pm - MIDDLETOWN, NY

Second chance at using this amazing tool

May 05, 2018

Hi errbody, wow! It's been over 14 years since I've posted. I think my last entry was 2005 and I was down from 324 to 262 and feeling accomplished, healthy and good. My journey continued and I got down to186 my lowest in 2008. Lots of transitions in my life good and challenging. Mostly good. Had an endoscopy and upper GI, and found out my pouch is stretched out 100% to its original size, and my stoma's but only stretched but nice the shape of a banana.....huh? How's that happen lol? So to make a long entry short, I've been given a second chance to get back on track to health n wholeness.

On May 23, I'm scheduled for Apollo Overstitch revision surgery with Dr Jonathan Arad in Eat Chester N.Y. I was scheduled for the 9th, which I was soo excited about but, because it's a robotic surgery, a rep from the Apollo Endosurgery company has to be present, and he's on vacation that week. I was so down and frustrated, I'd changed my work schedule, made plans to stay at a friend's house that night, although it's a same day surgery, my loving wife's a little squeamish when it comes to those things, and she'd feel better knowing my needs, if any were being met. I'm a woman of faith, so I still give God all glory for this to even be a possibility. I started researching revision surgery in January, when I was at my wits end, depressed, and wondering why am I not as full as quickly, or why can I gulp liquids? Yes, I take responsibility for not always doing the right thing, I've always and still see WLS as a tool, and not a miracle pill or quick fix. When I asked Dr Arad my stretching he said, we didn't know in 2004 what we know today about WLS and Apollo Overstitch is a FULL thickness suture procedure through the entire gastric wall, where others are only partial thickness. My pouch and stoma will be tightened permanently. I know they'll be challenges adjusting to this new tightening, but I'm looking forward to the restriction and really listening to my body again, and renewed energy, weight loss, and feeling better about my self and ask I've accomplished in my now 53 yrs. Promise I'll update on my recovery soon as I'm home. Part of doing it differently this time,I realize it takes a village to stay on track, so talk back at me lol... Michele

0 Comments

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 343 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 912 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1289 views