My FIRST Hiking venture in 9 years!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 2:50 am - SC
Hi fellow Hikers! I'm sooooo excited and feeling absolutly amazing today! I went to Chimney Rock, NC yesterday and hiked up the "Eye of the Needle" to the Chimney! THEN, I rode down the elevator and went down the trail to the water fall. I know it's not the most strenious hike, but my first in so long..I was amazed I made this venture with no trouble at all! Just a little winded here and there, especilly up that first flight up the "needle" Most of the other hikers took one look and said, NO WAY and went towards the elevator. LOL I said to myself..one step at a time and don't look up! Anyway..I left home, here in SC at 8am and got to Chimney Rock at about 10am. wandered around the area a little while waiting for lunch to be served (11:30) had a wonderful lunch of Salmon and mixed veggies and tho' I know we are not supposed to drink with our food..I just wanted that glass of white zen. wine! Wow..went straight to my head.. I had to go to the bathroom three times before I started hiking tho'..the wine was not a good choice..it went right thru me and may have dehydrated me a little..but I did drink a lot of water on the trip over there..oh well.. The hike was envigorating and I'm still feeling the wonderful affects of it today! not too sore either, just a little blister on my toe..but I need some new hiking shoes..my feet at a size smaller now! The hike just made me want to MOVE, and keep moving! Gave me a rush! I'm back! I have found myself again! Thanks for listening! Janet
Most Active
Recent Topics