Fellow Hikers...

SherrieD
on 9/25/04 11:46 am - Springfield, MO
Hello, My name is Sherrie Duncan I live in Springfield, MO. I have been part of local women's hiking group. We are made up of a small number of ladies who enjoy the great outdoors. I have out with them on 1 over night trip/hike. I loved it!! But being over weight I figured out really quick that its not real easy to make it in and... OUT when you are 100+ lbs over your goal weight. I'm having my WLS on 10/12/04 in St. Louis and I know that one of my 1st things to do is get back out there and do it again. I made it in and I made it out with the help of a horse person that we where sharing the trail with... he put my 30lbs pack on his horse and took it back to the trail head and I finished walking out on my own, looking back I was lucky to make it out on my own two feet! So you know when I get some of this weight off I'm going back to the same place and I'm packing in and out all the way!! With no 's We have a great group that goes out and packs together and we even share the equipment when we get new ladies who want to try it out but don't want to put a lot of money into it before they make a couple of runs. I hope to see some more folks on this board soon so I can share my success and trip talk!!
Most Active
Recent Topics