Having trouble drinking water

Amanda S.
on 5/25/11 2:44 am
Having soo much trouble drinking my water! I have been feeling really light headed and tired. I went to the doctor and got my blood work done. It came back that I'm not getting enough vitamin D and protein, my doctor told me I need to drink more, but I find it so hard! BTW I am almost 2 years out, I got to figure something out, got my whole life time of this! I have never regretted my surgery but never though it would be this hard getting the liquids and protein in. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them, thanks and god bless.

Doris Cervenka
on 7/1/11 11:58 am - Ganado, TX

I read every thing their is to read about Gastric- by- Pass talked to people in person and on the broads for almost two years waiting for surgery.  Had surgery exact one month ago.  Sure I have lose 42 pounds in one month which amazing and what I wanted. But it has been a month and I still get any solid protein down actually.   I can,t get anything down but, soups.  I sorry to say this but been chewing the meat them spit it out.  I can get it down no matter how much I chew or how hard I try.   One  bite and I am in pain.  After serveral time of this.  I am just afraid to eat any thing period.  I know have not been getting enough protein.  Been drink protein shakes to make up for it.  But, never thought it would be this hard to drink a protein shake.  I am so afraid i am going to lose my hair. It i new I would be able ever eat real food again.  I could just bought the protein shakes and skipped the surgery.
lesseveryday
on 7/28/11 6:05 am - Kingston, Canada
I have a good recipe for iced green tea I'll postm but why are you  trying to eat meat a month out? When I had surgery, 1/21/10, we were told not to eat meat until at least week6, you should be on mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, etc...
lesseveryday
on 7/28/11 6:11 am - Kingston, Canada
http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/07/homemade-citrus- green-tea.html

Try this, it's better than the stuff Lipton makes. I use 3 bags of tea and don't notice a diffrence. Water annoys me too. I have a Brita on the counter as room temperature water is easier to tolerate for me.
lesseveryday
on 7/28/11 6:12 am - Kingston, Canada
petiteposies
on 7/29/11 2:58 pm - FL
When my daughter had her surgery she could not drink water either (she had AWAYS had a glass beside her before).  Anyway She found that adding juice made all the difference,  and now she is drinking water again.  She got interesting flavors at a health food store with no sugar added.  Hope this might help....Sam
Tammy Douglas
on 7/29/11 11:03 pm - Los Angeles, CA
5 Years post op and I still have issue with water

arlyn613
on 10/24/11 8:41 pm, edited 10/24/11 8:42 pm - GA
 Doris, Are you pureeing your meat? I'm 2 weeks out and everything has to be pureed. Not the tastiest at times,but there is no way I could chew foods and get them down now if I wanted to. I add about a 1/2 c of  chicken broth to my 2oz. of  chicken or pork,then I divide it into 2 meals since I can only eat 2 oz total at dinner.  My nutritionist even recommends stage 2 baby food as an option right now. I have a few because it's the perfect portion sizes for this stage. I agree with the gentleman above.. my orders were 2 weeks liquids,2 weeks puree,2 weeks soft then graudually add other stuff as tolerated. Do you have a nutritionist? My doctor and nutritionist work together closely and gave me great guidlines to go by after surgery.. I have a packet I look at daily and would be lost without it. I would be happy to copy it for you or scan into my computer for you. It's very helpful.
 Life is too short to take things for granted..LOVE deeply, LIVE fully and be THANKFUL..but above all put your FAITH in GOD  Love to all,Arlyn♥    
Most Active