4 years post-op and cannot eat ANYTHING help!

Robin H.
on 3/3/12 12:40 am - Boise, ID
 I posted this in WLS graduates, but then found this forum and thought maybe someone can help. Here is my story

Hey everyone! I am just over 4 years out from surgery. Since my surgery I have lost 260 lbs, I got too small and forced myself to gain 15 lbs back. I have been stable with my weight for about a year and a half now. I am starting to get VERY concerned though. Since surgery every once in awhile I would go a few weeks with eating problems, getting sick after I eat. It has always passed in the past. the last 2 months have been HELL. Every time I eat anything i get EXTREMLY sick. Cramping, nasuea, diarreah (almost immediatly), searing pain through my pouch and intestines, hard to breathe (pain under my rib cage), lethargic. It is very very painful For a little bit i thought it might just be dumping syndrome, because heck thats what all the symptoms sound like. Over the last 2 weeks this has been getting worse and worse. After 2 bites the sickenss will start and i'm miserable. Since my surgery I have been very strict about my eating, still to this say I eat high protein, low carb, I check everything I eat, If a serving has over 7 grams of sugar i wont put it in my body. 

I know I should probably go see my surgeon, but we had a falling out about a year and a half ago and he said he will no longer see me for anything. I lost my job a few weeks ago and am unemployed and don't have any insurance. So i'm really at a loss for what to do. 

I have been doing some reasearch and I think i am going to try the 5 day pouch test, mostly to see how i do with protein shakes (I dont seem to have problems with fluids other than soups). 
Does anyone have any advice on what i can or should do? Im kinda lost at this point and its getting out of control and starting to affect every aspect of my life..

Thank you! 
I stand in awe of my body.
- Henry David Thoreau

Doris Cervenka
on 3/7/12 2:48 pm - Ganado, TX
   Only you know if your really sick or not.   I would try an get tested.  The digestive tract is very sensitive.  I hope things get better for you.  Please take care of your self.
bonnietuck
on 3/25/12 10:45 pm - Canada
do you eat the same type of food, maybe you have develeoped in intolerance to something you eat on a regular basis. I  i know that certain foods like broccoli and a few other things do this to me now. could it be a milk intolerance or one of the vitamins you do. i do love my protein drinks, my dietican still rants on getting the correct amount of protein. i still do have a long way to go. are you drinking enough water. don't know how helpful this is for you but i can't imagine what you are going through especially without the help of your doctor. can you see a nutrionist free of charge somehwere.;good luck

Darlenefitz
on 6/29/12 1:09 am - NC
   BLESS YOUR HEART.    i WAS FEELING BAD BECAUSE i CAN EAT anything....... I hope your better now....I don't know what to do..... 4 years and cant eat,    amazing.....
Ruth S.
on 7/17/12 10:40 am - Orlando, FL
 Sorry for ur troubles.........and yes there are several things that can be done...HOWEVER..as you stated you're in a pickle...because your unemployed and w/o insurance!!! So no matter what we have in suggestion..without money or insurance there is little anyone can do..unless you fall in the hospital. That you had a falling out with ur surgeon is not a problem because my own surgeon quit on himself n practice, and then I had other jobs so that the insurance was not the same...however in due time I kept checking and waiting til I found my current surgeon - Dr. Wiljon Beltre. He listened and I ended being able to have a revision of my gastric surgery. Im still in recovery due to a few complications but the only thing I can tell you...is don't give up. Keep searching for that surgeon who will take you on, and the most important secure a job with insurance.  Best of luck..
Ruth S.
Most Active