Need Inspiration

KayAnderson
on 4/1/13 6:30 am

I am looking for inspiration. I had surgery in 2006, was very successful and kept the weight off until 1 year ago. I started an anti-depressant and shot up 35 lbs in 6 months. That was on top of the 15 or so that I had gained after hitting my low weight, and I was ok with that extra 15 from my low, since I had gotten pretty thin. However, 50 lbs up from my low is NOT OK!  Now, even though I had kept most of the weight off, I had let foods back into my diet that I shouldn't have. Now, I'm trying VERY hard to get the weight off again and am having one hell of a time. I'm very upset. Very discouraged. I've been trying for about 5 months with little to no results.  I almost feel like it can't be done. I'm looking for someone to tell me it can, because THEY HAVE DONE IT! I want so badly to hear from someone, who lost the weight, re-gained, and was successful at taking it back off again. If this is you, please write!  Everyone who I was in contact with on my message board back in 2006-2007 has also re-gained, so I've heard. This makes me even more discouraged. And to those out there who think it cannot happen to them, PLEASE be careful to not let "bad" foods creep back in your life. I was 5+ years out and thought I was in the clear, running around in my size 6-8 pants. And now....miserable. HELP PLEASE!!

Debra W.
on 4/5/13 8:44 am - MI

Ok....I haven't made it yet but...in the last 30 days I have lost 15 lbs and am motivated to continue...here is the story of my last 6 yrs....

Surgery in 2006 lost 100 lbs....was happy..... Last March 2012 I stopped smoking, haven't had a cigarette since. Caused me to gain 50 lbs.  I also stopped paying attention to what went in my mouth.  Ice cream pie, candy..I was far enough out from surgery that there wasn't any reprocussions...mainly because I turned everything into "Slider Foods" Eat what you want and "wash" each bit with a drink!!  BUT I can now walk up and down the riverbank without gasping for air!!!

Then in July 2012, I stopped drinking carbonated beverages, or commonly known as DIET PEPSI and replaced it for the summer with Crystal Lite. In September I began to only drink water with the exception of a few alcoholic beverages.

In March 2013 I went on another quest, to loose the 50 lbs I gained from not smoking and enjoying all those slider foods.The first day I stepped back on the scale at home was 3/7/2013 (I have always been weighed at the doctors so I knew what I had gained). Since 3/7/2013 thru 3/31/2013 I have lost 11 lbs!

I have not been dieting, but I have been choosing my foods wisely. I have found that I am not hungry and I though I miss my chocolate, I do satisfy my sweet tooth with a serving of sugar free chocolate pudding! I even will eat lunch out occasionally with a Jimmy John Turkey Unwich! All the fixings wrapped in lettuce with the mayo just no bread! I consistently aim to have 1300 calories per day.

April now brings the next step in my "live to live" plan. I will be walking 30 minutes daily. If not first thing in the morning then that evening. I am determined in this activity as well. I stopped smoking, I stopped drinking diet pepsi, given up the chocolate and I know I can be successful in my physical activity. 

I am fortunate in that I have a husband who is extremely supportive as well as my family. I love them all enough to continue to strive in my quest to "live to live"!!  

I don't beat myself up any longer, I simply pick myself back up!  Don't give up!  I downloaded a smartphone app and I don't put anything in my mouth that isn't logged.  In fact I don't eat anything until I KNOW how many calories are in the serving.  I also purchased a digital food scale so there is no more "guessing" about the ounces!  Nothing goes in my mouth until it's measured/weighed and the calories are determined.  I will not go over my daily goal of 1300 calories!

I am worth the effort, and my grandchldren are definitely worth the effort! I will continue to LIVE TO LIVE!!

KayAnderson
on 4/8/13 12:00 am

Thank you so much for your reply.  I am on a plan now to lose this weight, and one week down. The rest of my life to go...ugh.  Chocolate is still calling my name. But I am determined.  Thank you for the support! And 15 lbs in 30 days is AMAZING!! I hope I can say the same thing 3 weeks from now :-)

chrispy_man
on 5/31/13 12:25 pm - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Kay

How are you doing? Interested to hear iChat you are back on track

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

Most Active