Really having a difficult time...

_aprilh_
on 4/7/13 11:37 am - OK

I am 2 years out now and I haven't gained back too much weight,YET but I find myself going down a very slippery slope. I wish they had done brain surgery in addition to my stomach! I struggle with mindless eating... I eat when I am bored, tired, stressed, breathing... I would eat all the time if I could. I am doing a "reboot" diet my weight-loss surgery center suggested. Basically I drink 3 protein drinks a day and eat 2 high protein snacks every day for 2 weeks. It is similar to the pouch test as I understand it. It is designed to help you break free from carbohydrates. I am such an addict. Today has been horrible! I understand it gets better after 3 days - I sure hope so because I don't know if I can do this for 2 weeks. I just want to eat so bad! Please tell me it'll pass and I can get a grip on my eating once again after I do this diet. Has anyone does this type of reboot? did it work? Did it help?

"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

Grace J.
on 4/10/13 1:04 am, edited 4/10/13 1:05 am - Springfield, MO

April - I'm there with you! Except, I have gained back 32 pounds.   At meals I eat great - high protein yogurt, boiled eggs, hummus and whole grain pita, cheese, nuts and then between meals I do absolutely awful!  I remember when I was talking with my surgeon about my decision to do the VSG, I mentioned I didn't eat between meals.so I thought this would be great for me. How come the crap goes down so good in bulk? Give me three bites of chicken and I'm stuffed! Not so with Cheetos.

How are you doing on this today?  I'm thinking I really need to do it. My problem is I am allergic to something in the protein drinks that gives me a major headache (I thought it was Splenda or something - but now I question that).

I just have to remind myself i've still lost 103 pounds and if I don't gain anymore weight - which I've actually dropped a couple of pounds I'm still way better off than I was in 2010.

Cheering you on - Grace

velma001
on 5/13/13 2:50 pm - Tustin, CA

It's very natural to go through these moments..best would be to eat at small intervals..Eating more offresh veggies and salads with low calorie dressings did wonders to me..Have managed to keep my weight under control..

beachyorkiemom
on 1/16/15 11:04 am, edited 1/16/15 11:05 am - san clemente, CA

HI there.  I'm 5 and one half years out and I have gained back.  I'm 15 pounds over goal.  I is frightening to me because I know that 1/2 pound a week gain and i could re-gain ll the weight that I lost.  I'm starting the 5 day pouch test tomorrow to re-gain control of my eating

Cheryl            Winning the battle against obesity one surgery at a time            
Barb L.
on 5/15/13 11:51 pm - Toronto, Canada

Hi I am having the same problem I gained 20 pounds and I cannot tolerate a lot of food.  So, I overdose on crackers, cheese etc.

I wish I had an answer but I am going to try to go back to liquids and see if I can jump start myself

good luck

LDallas
on 6/2/13 10:17 pm
VSG on 10/25/12
Oh goodness...i'm on the Snack Wagon too. Stuffed at dinner (protein) but eat crap like chips, ice cream, peanut butter, crackers all day. I'm hungry every 2 hours and having trouble dealing with it. Today i'm back on shakes and monitoring my food. This is so hard. Good luck everyone.

SW (10/25/12)......303  size 24/26. Age 50

CW: 225  size 14/16

F/5'10"

datachick
on 6/6/13 7:55 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Wow. You have all that crap in your house?!?! Throw it out!!!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

LDallas
on 6/7/13 5:38 am
VSG on 10/25/12
Datachick, i am not the only person in my house..

SW (10/25/12)......303  size 24/26. Age 50

CW: 225  size 14/16

F/5'10"

Ingrid K.
on 6/19/13 1:09 pm - Canada
Throw it all out!!! You deserve to have your home a place where you don't have all your trigger foods around. If you were an alcoholic would you let people have booze in the house?
Lezlie S.
on 6/8/13 3:03 am - Kouts, IN

I'm with you too.  We have junk food in the house and need to get rid of it......

Lezlie S.
Highest weight 266
Weight at time of Surgery 248
Current weight 194 Goal weight 145

Most Active