What do you want this forum to be for "YOU"?

Kathy S.
on 2/9/15 5:42 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Members,

We all at some time battle food issues and or head issues that can lead us to regain weight. Rusty and I would love to see all of you join us here on the Hunger and Food Troubles forum.

Give us your ideas, suggestions, on what you want "YOUR" forum to be to assist us all in dealing with Hunger and Food Troubles

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ManyBlessings
on 9/12/16 4:41 pm - Clermont, FL

Hi Kathy, 

One of my "food troubles" is that my mouth and stomach are not on the same page.

I measure my food, and am on track most of the time. I can tell that I am not "hungry". My stomach is not feeling like... anything, really (which I guess is what satisfied is supposed to feel like). But my mouth is just getting started. It still wants things to chew and crunch. Meal time is over LONG before my mouth is happy.

Every once in a while I'll slip up and overeat. (Then I'm too full LoL, but at least my mouth agrees). Other than those rare occasions, I feel like I am almost always unsatisfied. It's like every meal time is a tease.

I'm sort of hoping when I go see my surgeon on Thursday that he will tell me my portions are too small for 10 yrs out. (But I kind of don't think so LoL). 

It's not just the WEIGHT you LOSE, it's the LIFE you GAIN

RNY, Mar.2005Dr. Muhammed Jawad - Orlando, FL | S.W. 420 lb. - G.W. 160 lb.

sapphireis
on 1/20/19 11:16 am

Hi Kathy,

i would love to have a place where head hunger can be discussed. I was told the surgery is a tool, but there has to be other tools to help battle head hunger.

I was told I wouldn't care about food after surgery and wouldn't want to eat, well, I can tell you the day with no food and water and the two days of clear liquids which consisted of 4 oz jello, lemonade (acid) , Lipton tea(or 1 day warm water with no teabag, and 6oz of "broth" made by dipping a piece of chicken in ho****er and yanking it out, did not help. I was literally feeling like I was starving.

Now that I am home and on the protein shakes, which is better than the clear liquid diet, I am anticipating mushy diet and eventually adding back real foods.

The surgeon did not tell me the strong cravings and the need to chew would hit me so soon after surgery, but he did say this surgery is a form of "forced starvation ".

Kathy S.
on 1/21/19 1:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Here is a link to some great articles to help with head hunger issues.

https://www.obesityhelp.com/index.php?s=head+hunger

Let me know if you need anything else

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Partlypollyanna
on 3/24/19 7:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

With my program, we had to do a book/workbook/cd on Mindful Eating and I find that I use the head hunger techniques regularly. It's called Mindful Eating and the author is Jan Chozen Bays. I'll be honest, it goes a little too woo-woo for me but I just ignore the parts that weren't for me and I've found it useful overall.

Your program, especially, the dipping chicken in ho****er and calling it broth sounds very interesting; I'm only about 13 months post op but I don't feel like my surgery was forced starvation; that's a very unfortunate way for the surgeon to describe it, I think.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active