Eating disorder and WLS

DarcyMad
on 4/14/15 3:36 am - Cedar Park, TX

Hello.  I'm wondering if anyone struggles with binge or compulsive eating and has had WLS.  I'm 4.5 years post - duodenal switch.

Darcy

DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

Nicole S.
on 4/14/15 7:01 am - Fort Worth, TX

Every since day is a challenge. 

DarcyMad
on 4/17/15 12:58 am - Cedar Park, TX

Since what?  What WLS did you have?  How far out are you?

DarcyMad

terrylynn
on 4/16/15 12:51 pm - Lansing, MI

Hi Darcy,

I've been struggling recently with the binge or compulsive eating in the evenings.  I do well in the day but blow it at night.  I've gained 15lbs. in two months.  I broke my arm and leg Jan. 3.  I'm doing well but am not able to do a lot right now.  I'm in physical therapy, three times a week.  I come home and get in this recliner and plat and plan what foods I'm going to gorge myself with.

I'm very scared that I'm going to gain back all my weight.  (295 lbs, 1/15/2004)

Terry

DarcyMad
on 4/17/15 1:02 am - Cedar Park, TX

Boredom is a big issue for me as well.  I'm trying to get both me and my child out and more active.  He's 10 and is glued to his video games.  I've just joined the gym and am working now with a trainer.  It so easy to fall into a sedentary lifestyle again and I get so mad at myself.  I, too, am very afraid of gaining a lot of weight back.  I have this feeling that I must have food with me at all times and will try to keep better items around but tend to eat a lot of peanut butter and hard candies.  My diet should be high fat and high protein but I've let carbs get the best of me.

DarcyMad

terrylynn
on 4/17/15 1:30 am - Lansing, MI

I remember that feeling of not being without food/snacks.  That passed after several years.  I would go hypo very easily so it was a reality.  I'm good with protein bars in the car now.

I'm trying to get away from the protein drinks.  I live alone so it's too easy to just drink one of those instead of real food.  I blame them on my not feeling full which leads to the binge eating at night.  I think lonelines****s me also.  

I pulled out the journal book to start writing in and also a book called Mindful Eating.  Guess I have to do more than hold these to get any benefit.  Sitting since my accident has added to the "scary" feeling of blowing up again.  I gained a clothing size which sure added to the feeling.  It's probably good to have that fear!

Does this site offer a daily support forum?  I scanned for an over 60 group but wasn't successful.  Do you use this site for a form of regular support?

Terry

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/17 9:14 am

I can so relate to everything you posted !

I was scared to b without extra food I could bite for comfort. For a very long time ( but it's gone away now Thank God )

my body waits for food now . It also looks hott ! The changes to " normal " or " thinnish " do happen :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/17 9:16 am, edited 3/4/17 1:25 am

((())) hugs . You're never alone brave grrl!

PLEASE use these forums every day to get the support you need ! Trust me you'll give it back eventually :)

we HAVE to help each other !

kellie D.
on 5/9/15 8:20 am - dyer, IN

For the last 5 months my eating is also out of control.  I dont even have to be hungry....I just think about what I can eat.  I dont understand my own behavior.  At all.  Im 10 years post op and was fine until the last 6 months.  Protien drinks make me really nauseated.  It feels good to just post this know that there are others struggling.  I swore I would never get big again...and I am...which starts the food cycle.  Thanks for listening all!

Kellie

sandy80
on 5/18/15 7:49 pm

I think it's sad that we have to pay to know what to eat but, there's a diet plan where you actually eat and a friend on facebook is dropping weight so fast she has no pants to wear. It's weightnot.com. You might want to check it out. No clue what it costs but I read and watched others videos and it sure works. They give recipes, guidance and support. This girl is not complaining about the food but posting pic's of it. I'm about to check it out myself. I'm a picky eater but I"d rather do it if I can afford it. No clue the cost  

Most Active