Help! I think I'm in big trouble!

Sweetjewels72
on 2/3/18 5:30 pm

I'm almost 11 years out. I had my first gain 2 yrs ago, 30lbs due to thyroid. Today I sit here and thank God I gained that weight.

Im very sick. I have a rare headache disorder that is out of control and for the past 5 years I've been bedridden. I haven't had eating issues prior to this but last year these 3 sick in the head men set off a ptsd trigger that started stomach issues... vomiting, stomach pains, nausea and not eating much (although I eat a lot less now). So that went away in sept/oct. But eating issues never came back. I don't get hungry and even when I'm not nauseous I still can't eat much. I can get some in maybe 4-5 ounces but not enough to sustain life when you are only eating like that a couple times a day.

My doc had me back on protein shakes which helped with strength. My finances changed and I can't afford them now. I've lost 35lbs since April laying in bed. I'm scared! I can barely get 1000 calories a day in me. I do have medical marijuana for my pain. I found one that works for pain and appetite but I'm broke and can only get a little. Anything else that can make you eat? I wanted to know if I can starve to death? I have RNY. Sorry so long. Any advice or ideas would be great. Thanks

I

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/3/18 10:42 pm

I replied on your other post.

1000 calories is not a lot, but it is not very little. Some people post op RNY in maintenance eat that many. But the critical part is to make sure you get enough proteins.

50-80 gr of proteins every day plus good fat and take vitamins and minerals. The last 2 are critical.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Wendy Kipp
on 2/26/18 10:53 am - MI

Do you have medicaid or other medical insurance? Some insurances will cover your protein shakes for nutrition if prescribed for you by a doctor for medical necessity. You need to go to your doctor and talk to them, maybe see a gastroenterologist about your stomach issues. If they find you are losing weight due to a medical issue, then you may be able to get your shakes prescribed.

Most Active