Aetna $15,000 lifetime max

UAKellie
on 11/7/11 7:41 am - Perry, OH
 Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted in here, I gave up on my journey for a few years, but am finally working at an employer that provieds coverage for bariatic surgery! I have Aetna and it has a $15,000 lifetime maximum for bariatric surgery. I'm thinking lap band since that seems to be less expensive than Roux-en-Y and I don't have the money to cover the difference. 

I've been looking around on here, and online, and I see so many varaitions of cost for the lap band. Do you think the $15,000 would be enough? From what I am reading it seems pretty easy to get approved, I will just probably have to do the 6 month diet with my doctor but I'm fine with doing that. 

thanks in advance!
"Nothing Tastes as good as being thin feels"

hkhart
on 2/13/12 8:27 am - Newburgh, IN
 I have Aetna but no maximum.  I have to do the 6 month preop diet - I go next week for my 6 month weigh in.  

The only advice I would offer is to really research the Lap Band and be aware that if you DO have problems with it, you will not be able to revert to another surgery such as RNY, with your same plan. On the other hand, if you can find out how much out of pocket it will cost you, it may be worth it in the long run.
Most Active