Insurance Pre Approval question

Cards44
on 2/5/12 11:35 pm - IL
VSG on 07/24/12
Hi Guys

I am getting ready for my third weigh in for my 6 month supervised diet.  This visit will be the end of the 2nd month and start of the 3rd month.  

I have already had my pysch exam also.

My advocate with the program that I am going through told me that after the 3rd visit (scheduled 2/15) that the information would be sent into the insurance for pre-approval in which the insurance would approve or disapprove at that point.  If they approve all we would have to do is send in the info that I finished the diet and everything would be approved at that point. 

Has anyone heard anything about this.

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/12 9:14 am
I don't have an answer for you but I want to wish you luck. I've looked online to try to find you an answer. It seems this portion of the forum has TONS of questions and only a few answers. I think everyone is uncertain about some things!
Nan2008
on 2/8/12 10:00 am - Midland, MI
HI,

That seems strange to me.  Normally they want to see the completed 6 month supervised physician supervised diet.  Who is your insurance with?  I have Aetna.  My info was turned in before my supervised diet was done and I was denied.  I had to appeal AFTER I finished the program!  I would double check with your insuance company because I have a feeling you need to complete the 6 months before submitting for approval.

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

fit2lose
on 2/16/12 3:17 am - MN
VSG on 05/07/12
I know that this does not help your question too much considering that every insurance provider is different, but I want to greatly thank you for your question.  It caused me to look at my own requirements and I realized that while I thought I had 1 more visit left with my primary I am actually DONE with my 6 months.  This allowed to me to reschedule my remaining required appts from the 7th to next Tuesday!!!!  You just gave me 3 weeks

That all said, when I called my insurance to confirm everything they did say that everything needed to be complete before it is all faxed to them for approval (BCBS of MN). 
Cards44
on 2/16/12 4:57 am - IL
VSG on 07/24/12
Awesome...

I think I will be in the same boat.  As I have been thinking about the timing of this diet.  

I was told during my first visit and weigh in on 12/14/11 that I was on target for a surgery date towards the end of May or the first of June.   If you calculate 180 days (or 6 full months) it would equate to 6/12/12/  So I am wondering if I have 6 visits or weigh ins or is it 6 full months.

The Surgeon yesterday told me that I am half way through the diet with my 3rd weigh in.  But when you look at it I am just now starting the third month.

Good Luck
Most Active