abdomioplasty quedtion

nebrasfield
on 7/23/13 9:56 am - North Little Rock, AR
I lost over 100 lbs going from 300 lbs to my lowest of 168 lbs. Then I got pregnant, 8 mos after my gastric bypass. Then 8 mos after that child I had another. Yes, I'm finished having babies, but now I have a good amount of skin in my abdomen area and toward back. Hanging skin. I'm am working out considerably so I'm sweating a lot. Basically my skin folds are irritated, itchy and a rash that I'm managing. Does anyone have any experience getting doctor to agree with this being a health risk, medical necessity, and thus having insurance cover it. I have Tricare insurance. I'm do have some ailments that I did have before surgery, went away after surgery and now is back with the many weight gain. Its high blood pressure. I take meds to control it.

Nicki

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

Sarahlicious
on 8/1/13 2:12 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Yes, have doctor document the skin issues, and Tricare is known to cover at least a panniculectomy, removal of the skin, they might not cover a full abdominoplasty with muscle tightening, but you have enough need to go for a consult and get the PS opinion on what he can do and what documentation he can submit for coverage.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active