Self pay and being asked for Insurance "run through"???

michele035
on 5/8/19 10:08 am - PA

Hi

hoping someone where can help. I just had my final meeting with my doctor and scheduled my revision RNY to DS. 2 years ago my insurance denied my revision so I am 100% self pay. I got all my payment information today and the woman at the doctor's office told me she would need to "run the insurance info through" for the hospital just so they have the denial info? huh? the LAST thing I want is for my insurance company to have any info on this surgery. I majorly understand the risks of any complications in the hospital and being responsible for the costs personally since I am paying for the initial surgery. I understand that risk and am willing to take it. I also understand that if I go home a few days or weeks later sometype of complication happens, that I should be able to run that through insurance and have it be covered (different medical coding). So with all this being said the LAST thing I want is for the insurance company to have any inkling of this surgery

Has anyone ever had this experience? I am very concerned now that she said that this morning and I cannot think of anything else...any insight would be appreciated.

hollykim
on 7/17/19 3:21 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 8, 2019 at 5:08 PM Pacific Time, michele035 wrote:

Hi

hoping someone where can help. I just had my final meeting with my doctor and scheduled my revision RNY to DS. 2 years ago my insurance denied my revision so I am 100% self pay. I got all my payment information today and the woman at the doctor's office told me she would need to "run the insurance info through" for the hospital just so they have the denial info? huh? the LAST thing I want is for my insurance company to have any info on this surgery. I majorly understand the risks of any complications in the hospital and being responsible for the costs personally since I am paying for the initial surgery. I understand that risk and am willing to take it. I also understand that if I go home a few days or weeks later sometype of complication happens, that I should be able to run that through insurance and have it be covered (different medical coding). So with all this being said the LAST thing I want is for the insurance company to have any inkling of this surgery

Has anyone ever had this experience? I am very concerned now that she said that this morning and I cannot think of anything else...any insight would be appreciated.

just tell her no you don't want your insurance info run through. She can't make you if you are self pay and if she still gives you trouble,ask for her supervisor.

bailgirl
on 7/19/20 8:24 am - Easley, SC

I was 100% cash pay. My insurance did however pay any problems I had even though there was a exclusion. It's probably because they based it on another diagnosis.

Zachary66
on 11/25/22 1:07 pm

Personal insurance should be reviewed with your employer and insurer. If you prefer to run through insurance, you can self-pay and negotiate alternative possibilities with the firm.

Most Active