Update

crystal M.
on 1/10/11 4:37 am - Joliet, IL

Hello

I posted yesterday about having pain in my esophagas when I swallow (anything even saliva).  I did call the doctor and talk to the nurse.  I explained that I have this pain but no other symptoms.  She asked about acid reflux and throwing up...I told her I didn't have these issues.  she asked about eating and I told her I had no problems there either.  The good thing was she isn't conviced that it's band related (which makes me happy) but told me to come in to make sure...which I will of course.  My appointment is on Friday.  She said if it gets worse to give them a call and they can fit me in earlier.  I am still worried.  I keep thinking of other things it could be. 

I was sick a few weeks ago with strep and a sinus infection.  It took two rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it.  Afterward I had this horrendous post nasal drip from Hell.  My doctor gave me some Allegra and the post nasal drip has been better the last week or so. The starting of the post nasal drip is when the pain started.  I wonder if tha****erfall of mucus caused this???  Just wondering out loud.  It's a lot better than me obsessing over all of the complications I might have and end up losing my band.  My best friend lost her band and gained 150 pounds!!!  YIKES!!!  I don't want that to happen to me.  That is one of my worst fears!!!     

melly37
on 1/10/11 4:51 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I know all about the fear of losing your band.  When I had a slip, I was so scared that I would wake up from surgery without a band.  Luckily, I woke up with a fixed band! 

I hope everything is okay with yours.  If you don't have trouble with reflux or thowing up, then that is a positive sign!  Good luck!!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Most Active