No support

Kimma33
on 1/10/11 7:37 am - South Hamilton, MA
Hi,

How has everyone handled or dealt with no support on the home front before, during and after lap band?  I'm really in a bad way with support and 2nd guessing my lap band decision.  Please help!

-Kim
mstrip59
on 1/10/11 8:22 am
I'm confused.  Have you had surgery yet and you don't have support or are you getting ready for surgery and don't have support? I looked on your profile page and there is not info.
MrsRichardson
on 1/10/11 9:20 am - CA
Stand your ground, you made this choice for you and its to help you live a better life, and healthier life. If whoever you have in your life doesnt support you for trying to make your life better they are duchebags. And you can tell them I said that.

And I promise you there are support groups out there, and people who can and will stand behind you. Im here. I support you.

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/10/11 9:51 am - Mexico
Yes, what MsTrip wrote.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
psychomom
on 1/10/11 10:17 am - China Grove, NC
Support of some kind is crucial during the whole process.Even if that is thru a support group or something. If the non support is coming out of fear have your major support person go with you to the Dr and a support mtg and see if that helps if it is something else you just gotta look for a support source somewhere. Look for a buddy in your area that is or is going to be banded. Maybe someone you would meet at your local support group.:)

cathiec
on 1/10/11 10:40 am - Toms River, NJ
Hi Kim,
 I didn't have the support of my family when I went through with getting my band surgery after several months they realized I was serious in my effort of losing weight and seeing I was doing they start to come around but I realized in the beginning I wasn't doing it for my family but for me and I found suport in other places like support groups the exercise program for wls patients.  and the boards. This site has helped me greatly sometimes just reading I have learned alot. Also Jean book is a great support fo me because I can go back reread info that I forgot or just ned to reread. Come to theboards for suport if you can't find it elsewhere.
Cathie

Shawn71
on 1/10/11 11:50 am
we are with you all the way every day. you came to the right spot for questions and answers
Most Active