Chicken thigh recipes?

jennylew
on 1/11/11 8:27 am - Hill AFB, UT
Hi all!

Hope everyone is well tonight. I am looking for some new recipes for chicken thighs other than plain ol'd baked. I would appreciate any tips!

Thanks!
Jen-

Starting weight- 265     Goal weight- 165-145 
psychomom
on 1/11/11 8:46 am - China Grove, NC
I love....love....love this website!!!! All you do is search or enter your ingredients and VOILA !!!!
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes
Christi:)

jennylew
on 1/11/11 10:50 am - Hill AFB, UT
Thanks, Friend! I am going to check it out right now!

Jen-

psychomom
on 1/11/11 11:02 am - China Grove, NC
Great ! I can spend hours on there looking at recipes.LOL   (of course that may not be a good thing since I love food so much ....hahaha)

jennylew
on 1/11/11 11:08 am - Hill AFB, UT
Wow! What an awesome sight! I saved that to my favorites. There so are so many to chose from, I'm not sure which one to make. Thanks again!

Jen!

coachgrrl
on 1/11/11 11:05 am, edited 1/11/11 11:11 am
 I think Jean had some chicken thigh recipes on her website...

Here's the one I was thinking of...

http://jeanslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2

Read thru her blog..there may be more

jennylew
on 1/11/11 11:09 am - Hill AFB, UT
Oh good! I'll check them out. Thanks a lot!

Jen-

svera
on 1/11/11 11:47 am - Long Beach, CA
 i take chicken thighs put them in a baking dish or the crock pot and add 1 can of low fat cream of chicken and 1 can cream of mushroom. I season with mrs dash and crushed red pepper. put in the oven for 40 minutes 350 degrees or in the crock pot on low for 4 hours. the sauce makes a good gravy for mashed potatoes or cauliflower ( I add protein powder to mine) enjoy
   Sara Vera                  
hedgehogdude
on 1/11/11 1:18 pm - CO
Chicken thighs (or leg quarters, my personal favorite) are really good on the grill.  They just seem to pick up more of that "grilled" flavor compared to breast.  Try making a mixture of minced garlic, lemon peel, salt, pepper, and just enough olive oil to moisten it and rub that on *under* the skin.  So good!  But they flare up really easily on the grill, especially with the extra oil...so don't turn your back on them, and don't say i didn't warn you. 

B/S thighs are good for curry, casseroles, or other dishes where the meat gets stewed in sauce for a while.  I find breast sometimes gets a little tough but thigh meat stays very tender.

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/11 3:20 pm - San Francisco, CA
If you like stew, curry, and chili, see the blog in my profile.  90% of my recipes are based on chix thighs.  I also have links to Jean's, Eggface's, and dlife's sites in there.  Jean and Eggface are better cooks than I am, and I'm sure they have some chix thigh recipes.
Most Active