The dreaded day is here and strangely im excited!

jewels321
on 1/11/11 11:21 pm - FL
My two week liquid only pre op diet starts today.   Uhhh, the thought of this day coming was freaking me out for months.  Last night this spark of happiness came over me.  Wow, you're here, your really here.  You are two weeks from surgery after all this time.  You can do this!   I only hope that 3 days, 7 days, 10 days from now I will feel the same as i do right now. 

I have never had a problem with drugs or alcohol, but it seems more to me that this weight loss journey is a day at a time path.  Plan to far and you feel overwhelmed, but plan for today and I'm ok. 

Two weeks and counting.  Today I am excited!

273 highest - 250 @ surgery 1/28/2011 -  222Current 

Tiff tells all
on 1/11/11 11:24 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
Everyday is that way. Just make good choices today and we'll tackle tomorrow tomorrow.

I'm excited for you. I remember getting giddy around this time too. Scared, nervous, excited and giddy!   do you have your just in case overnight bag and all of that already set out?

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

jewels321
on 1/11/11 11:26 pm - FL
Just in case overnight bag??? do tell.

Tiff tells all
on 1/11/11 11:32 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

your favorite jammies, a hair brush, a tooth brush, your chapstick. slippers, a beenie  - This is what I wore home the day of surgery. Something really confortable that was very expandable at the waist line. I had an extra pillow for the car ride home. Even the smoothest asphalt is bumpy at that point.   But I had a plane ride from denver to Idaho and then a drive home. UGH! I just kept popping those pain pills. LOL I can laugh now, but I sure wasn't then.  I also had a small stockpile of pudding but it was confiscated by TSA at the airport. That chocolatey contraband.

Tiff

jewels321
on 1/11/11 11:35 pm - FL
Thanks Tiff.  I made my list and will refrain from any chocolately contraband.  Luckily enough the hospital is 20 minutes from the house.   Celebration, Florida and I live in Orlando.  Congrats by teh way on your journey so far.  Your pic is beautiful and your loss an achievement.  I appreciate your heads up on what to bring.

Tiff tells all
on 1/11/11 11:54 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

So what kind of liquids is the MD allowing you these next two weeks. All the physician directives are so wildly different I wouldn't begine to assume what he has you doing.

Tiff

jewels321
on 1/12/11 12:33 am - FL
I would be happy to share.  Two weeks prior to surgery the diet includes per day:  
4 Protien Shakes (less than 5mg of carb, and contain isolate 20-40 g of protien).  You are allowed 3 cups of calcium (skim milk or light yogurt.)  So you can't choose to put milk in your shake or eat your yogurt but you can have more than 3 milk/yogurt.   
3x a day you drink benefiber.  
Lunch is one cup of raw veggies with low fat dressing.  
You are allowed up to 100oz of s/f jello, low sodium broth, s/f crystal light, s/f popsicles.

Breakfast - Protien Shake w/water - Milk or Yogurt
Mid Morning - Benefiber mixed with 8 oz liquid
Noon- Protien Shake w/water - Milk or Yogurt & Benefiber
Afternoon Lunch - Dinner - 1C raw Veggies w/ fat free dressing
Dinner- Protien Shake w/water - Milk or Yogurt & Benefiber
Evening - Protien Shake w/water - Milk or Yogurt

Hope that helps.

Butterfly618
on 1/12/11 12:13 am - NJ
That is great news that you are excited. You are on the road to sucesse.  Hope to see you soon on the losers bench.  Come and sit by me.  We help we can make it to the finish line.  Good luck on the 28th.  I will be thinking of you.

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

PaintingChef
on 1/12/11 12:57 am - TN
How is the day going so far?  I'm on Day 5 of my liquid diet and I think that FINALLY, yesterday, I reached that point that people talk about but you can't envision the first few days... I feel REALLY good.  Your liquid diet is more specific than mine and you are allowed to have SOMETHING solid so that's lucky for you.  My husband had a chicken caeser salad for dinner last night while I was having my Chicken broth and I think I would have kicked him in the neck for a bit of that salad.  But all in all, it's better.  So here is a message from a few days in the future... it ain't so bad my friend!!

Your surgery is on the 28th?  Mine is the 21st and I'm SO excited.  Let's do this!!

Good luck!!
My blog:  PaintingChef

Shaesnana
on 1/12/11 1:08 am - Davenport, FL
Hi J!

Hey!  I had mine at Celebration too!!  Just last month!  They are awesome there!
Dr Kim is wonderful.  They have there own ward section with private rooms!  I had no probs at all, not even nausea which I prayed hard about!   Get up walking as soon as you can.  Others will be doing the same so you can do laps together!  lol    For after surgery don't forget about the lap band support group.  Once a month on Monday nights.  I went to my first one this week.  It was great!
I had no trouble with my pre-op liquid.  I wasn't even hungry.  I do question one thing you said though.  I made my protein shakes with milk 3 X a day and one with water.  Not sure if you understand wrong or if I did.  Oh well.  Mine is over.  I also ate my little salad in the evening when hubby had his dinner.  I don't think that hurt anything, but I never told them either.
I had more difficulty with the liquid post-op only cause I wanted food so badly.  It was over Christmas too so that made it worse.  I wanted all the holiday stuff. 
I am also very thankful tho that so far I have not been hungry at all.  Once or twice in the morning but not bad.
I wish you the best and hope to meet up with you one of these days.  BTW. I live in Davenport, also about 20 min away.

Lyn

Most Active