Hello. An introduction.

kardenny
on 1/12/11 6:37 am - IA
Hello. This is my first post here (I haven't been in an online community for a long time so please forgive any faux pas that my leave my fingers).

My name is Kim and I am from NE Iowa. I have been approved for my surgery (not yet scheduled) and I just got home from being poked, prodded, slimed and radioactivated. I am hoping that my surgery can be scheduled before the middle of February.

I just wanted to say hi and to thank you for all of the information that you share with each other. (I have been lurking here since I made the decision to push forward with lap band last October.) You have all been a big help in my education so far.

Kim
PaintingChef
on 1/12/11 7:20 am, edited 1/12/11 9:43 pm - TN
Hi Kim!! Welcome!

I'm Susannah, also a newbie around here. I'm in East Tennessee and am having surgery on January 21st. I'm currently on my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. You will find all sorts of different band experiences on here from lots of different people. One thing there is not shortage of is REALLY good and helpful information.

Welcome! Good luck to you and I hope you get to have your surgery soon! Great to meet you!
My blog:  PaintingChef

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 1/12/11 7:28 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Welcome to the board Kim.  Congratulations on your insurance approval. This is a great place to come and I'm sure you will learn from all the great people that are some place in their journey.  Glad you finally came out of lurking.   
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

cheyenne000
on 1/12/11 9:04 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Hi Kim Welcome I wish you all the best with your surgery. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

cathiec
on 1/12/11 11:26 am - Toms River, NJ
Hi Kim,
Welcome Great you got your insurance approval. lad you will let us to get us know you. There are some real great people with alot of knowledge. I know learned alot from people here. Good Luck!
Cathie

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/11 10:29 pm
Hello Kim and welcome!

They sure put us wls patients through a lot before surgery, don't they! But, it's all for our good. Hopefully this time will pass quickly and before you know it you will be on the loser's bench.

Take care,

Trixie
Most Active