The voice in my head

kathkeb
on 1/13/11 3:30 am
is trying to very hard to convince me that I am 'cured'.

I am 1 pound below my Weigh****cher's goal --- still working to lose a few pounds.

I got through the holidays well -- I lost 7 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Years  --- fueled by the desire to reach my goal weight.

I made a list of trigger foods 22 months ago -- and I stopped eating the things on that list 22 months ago --- and now my brain is trying to trick me back into those foods.

OA has a saying that "while we are busy working our program, our eating disorder is in the corner doing pushups" ----- mine has been lifting weights also -- LOL

I tell that voice to SHUT UP ---- there is NO CURE for the disease of compulsive overeating.
One day at a time --- one meal at a time, I can and will silence the voice that is trying to hurt me.

Re-reading my reasons to have WLS and my reasons to change my life.
Re-writing my 'things to do besides eat' and 'reasons to stay at or below goal'

Focus, focus, focus --- reaching goal weight is the BEGINNING, not the end of the journey.

Kath

Huggles13151
on 1/13/11 4:37 am - Northwood, OH
Just got banded Monday Jan.10th. I was hungry on the 2 week liquid diet and kept hearing the little voice screaming "Eat Me" I silenced it by going to the Y and working out. Right now at this moment I'm not hearing anything . I hope this lasts but even if it doesn't I'll keep fighting....good luck to you too.

vpurplej
on 1/13/11 8:41 am - Gray, GA
Kath,
I agree with all that you have said that applies to those of us who are a week or two away from wls. 

But I do have one caveat, be careful who you tell that you have a voice in your head.  In my case they may cart me away in a strait jacket (smile)

V

Most Active