Super tight around your period?

Thundergrrrl
on 1/13/11 3:40 am
My last fill was 3 months ago and I'm planning on asking for a tiny one in a couple of weeks when I go back. So on a normal day, I am eating 1600-1800 calories and not losing much weight right now at all (2lbs in 2 months I think but that's due to the holidays and the wrong types of food, not because I'm too loose.)

Anyway, last week right before my period started, I got super tight but not in a bad way. Like in a "OMG, I can barely get 1200 calories in if I try and I'm not hungry at all" type way. It was amazing and I feel like that should be more like what I'm feeling all the time.

But the question then becomes, if I'm at that really good level of restriction normally, am I going to be way too tight around my period, like having to go back to liquids? 

Anyone else have experience with this? 

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

HD Mama
on 1/13/11 5:53 am
I don't know if my situation is exactly like yours, but I can say that I don't generally keep a very "tight" band....I have about 4 cc's in mine (so less than half full), and I do always get tighter around my period (or when I have a cold - go figure)...anyway - I went in last October and asked for a tiny fill (.5) - I was of your same mind, thinking if I could get that same tightness all the time, I'd lose the rest that I had to lose (which, at the time was 14 pounds to goal)...the doc reluctantly gave me the fill I asked for...it was okay at first (although I felt like I had to learn it all over again because I really had to slow down while eating, and prior to that, I really didn't have to take miniscule bites that I read others take)...anyhow - when my period came (about 7 days after the fill) - I seriously had pain even drinking water - I thought maybe it would settle down, but I finally had to admit to myself that it was just ridiculous and that was not how I wanted to live....so 10 days after the fill, I had that .5 cc taken out.  So I guess my not so short answer is - YES, at least in my case, I was too tight around my period when I had a slightly tighter band.
psychomom
on 1/13/11 6:06 am - China Grove, NC
I get tighter around mine too ! 

steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 9:05 am
I wish I would get tight so I wouldnt eat  M&M's   I dont have nothing in my band yet but I wish I could ge a fill just for PMS so I wouldnt eat those pesky things lol

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Thundergrrrl
on 1/14/11 1:16 am
 Sorry to tell you, but you will probably never be so tight that you can't eat M&M's. I know, wishful thinking, but just wanted to tell you the truth. 

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Tiff tells all
on 1/13/11 10:53 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19

For a long time when I was up on that golden line of perfect restriction, my cycle would roll around and I'd be so tight I had to go on liquids for a few days. I ended up having to get a slight unfill because it didn't relax after one of my periods. So just be careful... if it stays too tight for too long, get your butt to the MD for a slight unfill. You don't want to mess with erosion.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Most Active